Local E Rewards (www.locale.app) is an exciting new tech start-up with a clear vision to disrupt the UK’s loyalty program market and make it a force for good within local communities. Our goal is simple, connect customers with local independently owned businesses in a community-based deal, offering reward services to loyal customers and a way forward for small high-street businesses to cooperate and thus compete and thrive in the world of big tech.
Local E Rewards has recently received funding from Innovate UK to research and develop AI systems to help increase footfall at small high street businesses in the wake of the recent Covid pandemic, and we are now looking for Machine Learning engineers to help us build these systems. If you are passionate about developing cutting edge technology and making a meaningful impact on Britain’s high streets for the good, read on.
You will be working in a small development team, directly alongside the CEO and senior developers focusing on defining, developing, and implementing AI techniques to incentivise users of our reward apps to shop at local small businesses. As well as responsibility for building and implementing AI applications you will also coordinate your efforts with our wider development team responsible for other layers of the product. You will be a strong team player, comfortable working remotely as well as working from our offices in Vauxhall, London. The project will last approximately 9 to 11 months with the possibility of further work for the right candidates. You must be able to start work in May/June 2021.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Expertise in machine learning, evidenced through a minimum of 1+ years’ work experience (or relevant academic records)
- Strong technical knowledge of fundamental machine learning approaches (knowledge of deep reinforcement learning would be a plus)
- Good knowledge of ML frameworks, libraries, data modeling, & software architecture.
- Solid understanding of probability, statistics and algorithms
- Proficiency with Python and R programming.
- Experience in large dataset analysis and modelling
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics or similar field; Master’s degree is a plus
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fluent English Speaker
- Right to work in the UK
Nice to have (not essential):
- Interest/Experience in Go (programming)
- Computer vision
- Understanding of Android/iOS app architecture
- Flexible work environment with remote and office work (candidates must be London based or willing to move)
- Fast career progression with responsibility early on
- Future participation in our employee share option scheme
- Work with a small and friendly entrepreneurial team in our office in the heart of Vauxhall.
- One of our rewards apps is a takeaway app, which means regular office lunches
with the team!