BoroughBox Logistics Operations Assistant
- Location - Quadrant Park, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1FS
- Hours - Warehouse opening hours 9am to 6pm
- Contract - This is a 3-month internship with the opportunity to turn into a full time roll for the right candidate
A bit about BoroughBox and the team
Fancy working for one of the most exciting scale-up businesses in food & drink right now? Then you've come to the right place. BoroughBox is a bustling hub of talented people all focused on helping independent food & drink brands grow from challenger status to the mainstream. We are a rapidly growing food and drink business focussed on logistics and sales. We’re looking for bright, motivated people to help grow our team.
From our humble beginnings seven years ago as a food and drink gifting business, we have grown into an online marketplace, fulfilment specialist, retailer and wholesaler. We have a warehouse in London (Old Kent Road) and also in Welwyn Garden City. We ship hundreds of orders each week across the country & beyond. We are a passionate, close knit team who love good food & drink and understand the complexities of the supply chain.
If you want to work at BoroughBox and drive success for hundreds of independent food & drinks brands then roll up your sleeves and get your game face on...
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a passionate, motivated operations assistant to support operations in the fast-paced BoroughBox logistics team. This includes the day-to-day running (order processing, issue resolution, customer service) and long-term development (business development project support, sales support, client onboarding and more) of BoroughBox logistics.
The candidate should be proactive, analytical and be able to solve problems on their own and in teams. They should have an exceptional customer service ability, face-to-face, over the phone and via email. They should also be happy working under pressure and juggling multiple tasks and projects at one time. We're looking for someone who is diligent, has a great sense of humour, and loves to get stuck in. You should be excited about taking the business and your career to the next level. It will also be an advantage if you enjoy great food & drink as we're surrounded by it!
This position is based at our Welwyn Garden City site, AL7 1FS. You’ll be surrounded by fun, energised people who are the heart of driving BoroughBox to becoming the de facto supply chain partner for independent food & drinks brands.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Day-to-day operations and problem solving
- Helping onboard new clients
- Keeping product databases up to date
- Inventory and stock management
- Order processing management
- Customer service and account management
- Liaising with clients to help manage their logistics
- Issue resolution
- Continuous improvement
- Recording, monitoring and solving issues
- Contribute to workshops and perform root cause analysis to ensure issues are not repeated
- Suggesting and implementing changes to help BoroughBox run more efficiently
- Commercial business development
- Supporting invoicing and reconciliation
- Performing price comparisons across services and materials
- Quick learner
- Detail orientated
- Computer literate – experience in Microsoft office (word, excel, powerpoint) and ability to quickly pick up new software
- Clear and concise communication
- Developing and maintaining rapport
- Ability to think on your feet and solve problems creatively
- Desire to continuously improve processes
- Ability to maintain and build on client relationships while dealing with difficult issues
- Confident - Not afraid to pick up the phone or interactive with new people
- Time management & prioritisation
- Team player
- High level of responsibility from day one
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro-rata, based on 5 day working week)
- Fun office environment
- 20% discount on BoroughBox.com
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Social activities including monthly team treat
- Lots of product samples
- Be part of an exciting fast-growing food & drink start-up (last year we grew by 250%)
Please submit a cover letter telling us why you want to join the team along with your CV.
This job description is not exhaustive and serves only to highlight the main requirements of the role which may change over time.