Regulatory Affairs Manager at Mendelian Health
Solving rare and hard to diagnose diseases
Mendelian Health is a digital health company building technologies to accelerate the diagnosis of patients with rare and hard to diagnose diseases. Our team of clinicians, data scientists and software engineers are tackling the most complicated diagnoses on a national and global scale. Rare diseases (all 7,000 known types combined) affect over 350m people and take on average 7 years to diagnose in clinics.
Mendelian software is used by the NHS and hundreds of thousands of patients are now benefiting from our technology, which has attracted acclaim from top researchers and clinical doctors in the field.
Who We Are
Mendelian is a round table of physicians and data scientists. We hold weekly sprints to prioritise work at a company level. Technical staff meet practising doctors and medical staff get down and dirty with the code.
We make working in health feel modern. We work flexible hours, boast membership to a great co-working space, and, on Thursdays, take turns making a surprisingly high quality (virtual) lunch. Do you have any culinary delights you want to share?
We offer an intellectually stimulating environment, work within an interdisciplinary team and have an inclusive culture. We are a high-calibre, mission-driven team building a technology that improves our world.
Our mission is to help doctors diagnose rare disease patients faster.
Faster diagnosis is key to the future of the NHS and healthcare abroad, from improving the lives of chronically sick people to reducing inefficiencies in overburdened hospitals. We are deploying early detection systems for rare diseases, some of the most difficult and protracted diagnoses for doctors to make.
We believe that delayed diagnosis is an information challenge and that technological innovation is central to achieving our mission. Founded by engineers and doctors, we’ve held our technology and clinical mind to high standards from the beginning.
If you want to learn more about our mission, and about how rare diseases aren’t that rare at all, then check out our publication Why we do what we do: https://medium.com/mendelian/mendelian-why-eb1ad54d0c81
We are looking for a talented Regulatory Affairs Manager to join our team on a permanent, part-time basis. This role will be focused on ensuring that we continually meet quality standards and procedures at all times.
You will work closely with the CEO and Head of Operations to ensure that we are fully compliant with all policies, procedures and regulations and that all business objectives are met.
We Want You
We want you, if you:
- Feel connected to our global mission of reducing the diagnosis burden of patients and healthcare systems;
- Feel comfortable with deep scientific and technological topics and are an avid learner of such;
- A great team player;
- Have a deep understanding and experience of regulations within healthcare;
- Great culinary skills for our weekly lunch competition is a plus (that is a joke)
To be successful within this role, you will need:
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication and people skills;
- Thorough understanding of regulations and compliance within healthcare;
- Hands-on experience of implementing and managing quality assurance systems;
- Experience of auditing;
- Outstanding, written English and are an exceptionally articulate person in writing;
- Significant experience in the healthcare industry, with solid knowledge and experience in quality and compliance for medical devices;
- A self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership.
- Location: London (Remote during Covid19)
- Starting date: ASAP
- Job type: Part-time
- Meaningful equity package
- Visa sponsorship is not available.
- We do not work with recruiters