The shelf life of our skills is now less than 5 years so if you stopped learning anything new today you will end up socially and economically irrelevant in a few years. If you’re thinking that’s kind of a big problem, you’re right.
At HowNow, we're obsessed with solving this problem because we believe with the right skills, knowledge and mindset people can solve the biggest challenges in the world. When they do, we ALL win. Our mission is to make this happen.
We're looking for a Head of People with an entrepreneurial heart to build, lead and drive an organisation that people want to join and those who do, live their best life. At HowNow, we believe our work is more than "just a job", it's an expression of every single person in the team. Our work is our story to the world. Fancy being a part of it?
Here’s the mission, if you choose to accept it:
- Develop an aspirational employer brand that attracts the best talent.
- Collaborate with team leads to put people's wellbeing first and build the best place to work.
- Establish a successful talent acquisition and progression framework that supports our growth.
- Build on our thought leadership to embed a performance-driven learning culture that helps teams reach their potential.
- Support the senior team to plan resourcing effectively in tandem with our financial forecast.
- Coach, mentor and lead people to achieve their goals.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, collaboration, agility and high performance.
- Adopt a data-informed approach to deliver results.
- Devise, implement and maintain all relevant people related policies and procedures
- Support the organisation's transition from startup to global leader.
Typically we find someone with the following will be a great fit:
- You have at least 4-5 years leading the People Team, preferable at a fast-paced, high growth product-led business with global reach and diverse teams.
- You're a master at building relationships across every level - inside and outside of the organisation.
- You have generalist experience of designing frameworks and change programmes from the ground up across talent acquisition, performance, L&D, compensation and benefits, org design, communications and engagement.
- You're an advocate and practitioner of building a learn-it-all culture rather than a know-it-all culture.
- You're an incredible communicator with commercial awareness, analytical skills and a knack for implementing simple solutions to complex problems.
- You're a thought leader in developing progressive people strategies and company cultures, and an active member of the HR/People community.
- Most of all, you'll enjoy the idea of working in an incredibly supportive, mission-driven team, where wellbeing is paramount and everyone is working towards a common goal.
Here’s what we offer:
- A competitive salary with bonuses and share options
- Private health Insurance
- Private pension
- We invest in your growth. Tell us what you want to learn. We’ve got you covered with a dedicated learning budget and of course the best learning platform out there : )
- We invest in your wellbeing: weekly Yoga, HiiT Classes, Team Lunches and Socials.
- A team that will inspire you to excel and have a good laugh while we’re at it.
- We like to combine travel and work on “workations”. We've previously done Copenhagen and Goa!
- Cycle to Work scheme
- As the CEO, I’ll be your key collaborator and ensure you have the support to be successful.
- Find out more about our mission and values here: https://gethownow.com/about/
- Check us out on Glassdoor, to get the low-down from our people.