At Sorted, we create game-changing delivery management software that sits in online checkouts, warehouses, retailer supply chains and on your smartphone. Our data-driven tech is used by some of the biggest retailers in the UK; we help them serve their global customers, making sure they have delightful delivery experiences.
Check out our team https://youtu.be/cg1Nnj6Lqb4
Sorted are looking to develop a machine learning function, complimenting the existing business intelligence capability, paying particular focus on the carrier platform that will allow the business to draw on actionable intelligence, maximising the potential of Sorted’s data sources and adding value to the wider proposition.
In this output driven role, you will need a broad knowledge of ML frameworks and algorithms. You will be responsible for managing the implementation, maintenance & continuous improvement of a machine learning function, paying particular attention to forecasting around the carrier platform along with supporting the business with advanced analytics. You will be responsible for guiding the company on the correct technologies to use and the implementation of these, ensuring they meet the business needs. You will have a solid technical background with a problem-solving attitude focusing on maximising the BI outputs high-quality technical support and increased customer satisfaction.
The role will;
- Develop an understanding of how to leverage near-real-time diverse datasets, combined with ML-led approaches, to create customer-centric assortments that are aligned with specific customer behaviour segments across touchpoints.
- Scrutinise data from raw data sources and provide the technical expertise to validate & articulate the data, trends and analysis in a variety of communication methods, highlighting facts & trends, supporting continuous improvement.
- Be an integral part of the wider data strategy working closely with the business to identify trends, issues and use data to make effective decision making.
- Provide the standalone value proposition to the carrier products in its own right that leverages the investment for alternative revenue streams, articulating the investment made in the carrier platform and carrier integrations.
- Bring deep technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of data, process, design and present it in ways to help the business and partnering organisations make better decisions.
- Implement ML functionality to allow data insights to be surfaced to the business that are yet to be realised.
- Design, implement & maintain an accurate demand forecasting platform
- Define the company’s ML strategy, feeding into the wider data strategy.
- Be the lead data source of accurate & validated carrier data validation & recognise the strategic value of historical data & insight. Paying particular attention to preparing and cleansing the data for analysis & modelling.
- Support & develop the creation of performance data-driven & validated dashboards
- Define the overarching carrier service data requirements & execute the roadmap to become the in-service scalable & repeatable toolset.
- Brief and train stakeholders as necessary
- Supporting strategies for geographical expansion
- Experience of data modelling tools, focusing on improving performance.
- Solid programming experience in one or more ML related programming language: Python, R, C++, Java etc
- End-to-end delivery of ML projects across business functions.
- Experience with SQL, Azure SQL, AWS or other cloud-based technologies.
- Strategic planning experience
- Proven ability to add value to existing propositions through surfacing historical trends.
- Gravitas and experience of representing companies in front of customers and partners.
- Experience in building robust reporting tools that are scalable & repeatable.
Very Competitive Salary
32 days holiday plus bank holidays
Flexi hours and remote working
Free tea/coffee and breakfast (in the office)
Clear Career progression frameworks