Switchd is a new, automated energy switching start-up with a mission to save people time, money and hassle. We’ve got a great product (which we’re always improving) great reviews from customers and we’ve raised a round of funding from a well-known UK bank.
The core auto-switching service has already saved 1000's of tons of carbon through people going green. We're now developing some exciting new tech to take the green side of things even further with MakeMyHouseGreen!
The journey has been awesome so far and what's to come is shaping up to be even better! We’re looking for someone to join the team, join the journey and share in the success as we continue to grow. We’re on the lookout for an outgoing and motivated individual to join our team.
At Switchd we work hard but we work smart and if you’re ever doing something you think is pointless (which we hope you won’t be anyway) then we have a culture that means you can speak up and challenge if it needs doing! This role will have a huge amount of personal development opportunity as you’ll see how the business is run and have the freedom to shape how we build Switchd.
We're looking for a back-end developer to join our team. Our tech team is small but will be growing significantly in 2021, so you’ll be joining a fast pace small team. Supported by Tom our CTO/co-founder you’ll take ownership of further automating the back-end processes of Switchd, developing new features to improve the customer experience, and developing out the MakeMyHouseGreen proposition. Our ideal candidate is someone who can show a passion for back-end development, is excited about the vision of our company and is all all round good egg.
Key responsibilities and areas of ownership
- Further automation and control of managing customer energy switches
- Resolving repeating customer issues highlighted by the customer service team
- Implementation of new Switchd product features (Smart Meter data, algorithm options etc..)
- API integrations for MakeMyHouseGreen to improve accuracy of the tool
- Implementation of new MakeMyHouseGreen product features (Developing an ongoing relationship with customers)
- Ensuring a strong testing process for releases
- Clearly evidenced problem solving ability in previous technology applications
- A portfolio of successfully delivered projects
- A solid understanding of technical architecture
- A solid understanding of database structures and MYSQL
- Previous experience in a tech startup is preferable but not essential
- Well organised and time effective
- Friendly and personable
- Office in the heart of Holborn (with lots of plants!) - once lockdown is over
- Competitive salary, based on experience
- Equity/shares in the company, so you can share in the growth
- Regular feedback and training sessions to help you develop
- Unlimited tea, coffee, biscuits fruit etc... :)
- Pension to help you prepare for the future
- Free Friday team lunches at the local market