Who we are
At MADE.COM, we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at attractive prices.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing
As MADE.COM’s new Ecommerce Sub-Editor, you’ll be responsible for editing and signing off all UK product copy, ensuring that it’s grammatically sound, factually accurate and tells the customer everything they need to know about our products. Reporting into MADE’s Editor in Chief, you’ll be the guardian of our tone of voice across all ecommerce touchpoints.
As well as being accountable for the final sign-off on copy, you’ll also be in charge of the planning-side of things – that means plotting in all product copy deadlines and liaising with third-party translation agencies and freelancers to ensure that copy’s always ready ahead of launch. Dealing with a high volume of new products each month, this role is key to ensuring our output runs smoothly and to schedule, and that our copy guidelines are adhered to across all categories.
- You’ll be responsible for editing and signing off all UK product copy (plus ecommerce pages like landing pages and buying guides), ensuring that copy is grammatically sound, accurate and executed in MADE’s tone of voice
- You’ll manage a global team of copywriters, being an arbiter of grammar, SEO and style
- With support from the UK Copywriter, you’ll periodically review and update MADE’s ecommerce house style guide and ensure that updates are actioned across all ME language style guides
- You’ll manage the global product copy workflow, ensuring that copy is briefed in good time for MADE’s weekly product launches
- You’ll manage all weekly copy imports into PIM, as well as overseeing all live product copy amends and audits in collaboration with the Buying Team
- You’ll suggest and implement process changes to continually improve efficiencies
- As well as working closely with MADE’s in-house copywriters, you’ll liaise with a third-party translations agency for all Spanish product copy, setting the agency’s deadlines and providing clear briefs
- You’ll implement appropriate localisation/translation strategies, and advise new markets on product copy team setup. Overseeing translation agency support where necessary
- In collaboration with MADE’s Head of Creative Services, you’ll periodically review the product forecast against your team’s headcount and advise on new hires, including freelance and translation agency support during seasonal peaks
- Minimum two years experience as a sub-editor, with outstanding command of the English language
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to strict deadlines
- Details driven: ability to identify inefficiencies and implement new or improved processes
- CMS experience is real a plus (we use Akeneo), as is experience using Project Management software (we use Asana)
- Ability to build strong working relationships with other teams within the business
- Super creative: ability to take functional copy and make it feel on-brand
- An understanding of SEO is a plus
- An interest in interiors is essential
What we offer
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects in a fast-paced, creative and fun office environment.
- We’re proud of our diverse, supportive company and culture. Our very own in-house Culture Club plans a variety of activities from our annual parties, Friday drinks, social events and more.
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com (30% for you and 15% for your family & friends).
- 25 days holiday per year (on top of bank holidays), plus an extra holiday day for every year, served up to a ceiling of 30 days.
- We know that flexibility is important. Our Everyday Flex policy enables you to determine your start and finish times, and we’re open to discussing other flexible working arrangements too.
- Free, unlimited access to over 13,000 eLearning courses to support your development.
- We believe it’s important to give back, so we give you one paid day off each year to get involved in any community or charity volunteering activity of your choice.
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, eyecare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan to name but a few.
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our growing team in the heart of Old Street!
MADE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.