We’re looking for a Customer Services Team Lead, known as Operations Team Lead at Farewill.
This role is a unique opportunity to make your mark on a rapidly scaling business unit and lead a team of Specialists, ultimately helping change the way the world deals with death. Our dedicated Funeral Specialists support families through some of life’s toughest moments, by organising a meaningful and affordable funeral for their loved ones.
If you’re interested in joining an ambitious, and caring team who are motivated to make a genuine difference to people in their time of need, then keep reading…
In the next 12 months you will:
- Take responsibility for our direct cremation operations team and the metrics they deliver against
- Complete 1:1 team appraisals and work with each team member on personal development plans
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of our funeral products and how these can be further developed to better serve our customers
- Become a valued member of the team working towards the achievement of quarterly objectives
- Support quarterly planning of team objectives and new product development with insight on customer experience
- Lead by example in your case management, achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
Hopefully, you’ll have some or all of the following:
- Previous team management experience in regards to 1:1 appraisals, learning and development
- The ability to support customers with a proven level of comfort, in this role you will be speaking with grieving families, calmly, kindly and sensitively
- A sense of ownership when problems arise, a creative problem solver who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves
- Drive and dedication to making a positive mark on the world
Some extra skills that would be great:
- An interest in project management, in order for overall business improvement projects to be rolled out across the business unit
- Ambition and excitement in joining a fast-moving tech startup, specifically in farewill’s mission, product and service
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience!
What we offer in return:
- Up to £35,000 per annum salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process - to help set you up for success - then please let us know too.
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world, with over £300 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Augmentum, Kindred Capital, and (in our Series B round that we closed mid-2020) Highland Europe.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?