Adzuna is a job search engine that lists every job, everywhere. From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London, helping millions of people find better, more fulfilling jobs.
Adzuna’s success to date has been down to the skills, hard work and determination of the brilliant and diverse group of people we have hired across the globe. Right now, we're seeking an experienced Country Manager to lead the continuing fast growth of Adzuna in Germany & Austria. This is an incredible opportunity to take our ambitious 2021 plans to the next level by taking ownership of the German and Austrian market supported by our first class team based in our London HQ.
Reporting to the Head of the International you will manage a growing DE & AT team. The team currently consists of the DE & AT Marketing and sales executive and we’re looking to add at least one additional member to the team this year.
The team will benefit from your experience to date but even more important is the passion you bring to work every day. You will strive for excellence, try new things, inspire and engage those around you and feel ownership of overall company success as well as pride in helping job seekers in Germany and Austria find better, more fulfilling careers!
What’s in it for you?
What’s in it for you? Adzuna is a growing scale-up, championing real change in the job market globally - using the power of tech to match people to better, more fulfilling jobs. We’re at a really pivotal time in our journey and it’s an exciting moment to join. We’re growing rapidly in Germany in particular on the back of cutting-edge programmatic technology, expanding our labour market data offerings and growing year on year (and hiring!) despite COVID-19.
Like everyone here, you will act like an owner, be a team player and make a difference. It’s an opportunity to work with a smart team led by experienced management and dedicated and passionate Founders. You have the chance to own your and the company’s growth in terms of:
- Delivering our commercial growth and successful recruitment campaigns
- Scaling our partnerships network to grow our jobseeker base and delivering quality applicants to employers
- Leading the DE & AT marketing activities supported by our central Marketing and Product teams
- Defining our local market strategy and manage its execution
- Overseeing our platform’s DE & AT sites product and content quality
- Being both our internal and external job market expert for Germany and Austria
We want to realise the next level of success and you will utilise your own skills and experience in building new and existing business relations and understanding of performance pay-per-click advertising models to meet our goals.
It’s not an easy feat, but our aim is to create a business of which we are all proud and an environment where you will love to be, where you can be yourself to do what you do best.
We don’t like to put people in boxes, but you’re likely to be able to demonstrate experience of, or aptitude for much of the below:
- 5+ years of business development, building partnerships and/or sales experience
- Strong commercial understanding of internet marketing/advertising business models (CPC & CPA)
- Proven ability to grow and maintain a balanced portfolio of clients and partners; through new customer acquisition, client retention and upselling
- Technically adept with ability to liaise closely with Tech/Product teams
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of marketing activities like SEO, SEM, blogging, PR and social media
- Strong numerical skills, able to analyse and optimise performance campaigns
- Fluency in German, English and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong strategic skills; ability to map out significant growth
- Excellent internal and external rapport builder/ people skills, establishing strong relationships across functions
- Well organised way of working and the ability to prioritise your team’s work and the market’s strategy
- The ability to advocate for good ideas backed by data regardless of where they come from
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Worked in the recruitment industry or a vertical search / metasearch site
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options, a contributory pension scheme and Perks at Work.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We have a flexible working policy and during COVID-19, for the foreseeable, no one is expected back in the office unless they choose to attend. We also run regular wellbeing workshops, offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave because we welcome people with families, and 25 days paid holiday per year
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending (virtual) conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we’re not restricted by COVID-19) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Much of this is all done remotely at the moment of course - even during COVID-19 we are still managing to have a lot of fun ‘together’ thanks to our great Social Committee.
A bit more about Adzuna
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Germany and Austria working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 100 person business operating across 16 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 16 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.