Crest is a PR agency working with start-ups and scale-ups. We offer a varied and exciting environment in which to build a career in PR, media and marketing. (www.hellocrest.com)
We shape the stories the make the news. This involves liaising with journalists, handling national press campaigns, and coming up with creative ideas that capture attention.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our team. This is an entry-level position and we're looking for someone who is:
- A strong writer who can craft fluid and emotive prose
- Confident on the phone, engaging on email, and keen to develop client-facing skills
- Plugged into current affairs and what’s making the news – you’ll need to use this interest to understand what makes for a strong PR story
- Proactive and diligent – we need a forward-thinker who can work under their own steam, as well as collaborate effectively with colleagues
We’re a small team doing really interesting work with some of the UK’s most interesting and innovative start-ups. Team members take on a lot of responsibility from day one, so this role would suit someone who is happy to jump right in and learn quickly.
The role will involve:
- Coming up with ideas and compelling press angles for our clients, whether that’s for a TV segment, a print article, or a podcast interview
- Researching the right journalists to send your ideas to and building media relationships
- Drafting press releases
- Writing opinion articles and thought leadership
- Drafting website blogs
- Managing social media accounts
● Starting salary – £23,000
● Unlimited annual leave
● Company pension
● 50% commission on the first month of any new business you bring in
● Half day every other Friday
● 2 days in our Central London office, 3 days your choice
● Regular team socials and away days
● Bike to Work scheme
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that applications which don’t adhere to the below cover letter format won’t be considered:
- Your CV
- A cover letter no longer than 400 words addressing the following questions:
- Why do you want to work in PR?
- Why do you think this role and this agency would be a good fit for you?
- What would you be most excited about doing in this role?
- Which types of clients or companies would you most like to work with?
- If you have any existing examples of your writing (e.g. blogs, articles, short stories, essays), please do attach or link to them in the email. This however is not essential, so please don’t draft something specially!
Deadline: 5pm on 13th December 2021. Please note that we may appoint before the closing date, so please check back for updates before you put your application together.
We look forward to hearing from you!