Hello we’re Farewill!
Dealing with death — losing a parent, a parent, or a best friend — is the hardest thing most people ever go through. For too long, it’s been a dreary affair with top hats, paperwork, and bureaucracy.
We think it’s time for things to change.
At Farewill we build the best products in the world for dealing with death. Beautifully designed, easy to use, built for taking care of the people you love. And to help us achieve our ambitions we’re looking for a PPC Lead or Digital Marketing Lead - PPC to join our growing marketing team.
We started Farewill five years ago. Since then, we’ve grown to be the largest will writer in the UK, and launched new products for probate and funerals. We’re one of the fastest growing startups in the UK and in the last 12 months we’ve:
- Averaged an NPS of 82
- Hit 8,500 Trustpilot reviews at 4.9/5
- Grown from 50 to 125 people
- Grown revenue 800%
- Closed our £20m Series B
- Won major National Awards (Consumer Business of the Year, Economic Innovator of the Year, Employer of the Year to name a few)
- Featured in the Top 20 Companies to work for in London in 2020/2021
- Won 2020 Hottest Social Innovation @ The Europas!
- Raised over £350m for charity
About the role
As PPC Lead, you’ll make a huge impact in the growth of the business by acquiring customers across our three business units - Funerals, Wills & Probate. This is an enormous market with the opportunity to change the lives of millions of people and their families every year.
Search is a core part of our growth strategy. We’ve got a small team and lots of momentum already - this opportunity is to harness that energy, take the reins and have a game-changing effect on the team and our growth.
In short, you will play a critical role leading the paid side of our core acquisition channel, search, on our mission to change the way the world deals with death.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Own our PPC strategy, including how we approach process and resource, driving revenue through paid search to hit our targets.
- Line manage, mentor and coach a team of ppc specialists focused on executing the PPC strategy.
- Maintain a roadmap of PPC initiatives spanning at least 2 quarters, shared with other teams so that they can allocate their time to support.
- Work closely with our creative and content teams to optimise ad copy and landing page content. Set up a data-driven feedback loop so that opportunities can be capitalised on.
- Collaborate with our product and sales teams to improve conversion rates through landing pages and from prospect on to sale.
- Develop our reporting framework, having a clear route from lagging key metrics to leading metrics and diagnostic metrics.
- Communicate the strategy, goals and results for paid search to key stakeholders and senior management.
- Be an advocate for PPC and PPC best practices at Farewill.
- You’re a PPC leader who has successfully delivered strong growth, ideally in a large-scale B2C environment.
- You’re an experienced manager, excited about hiring, coaching and mentoring a team of PPC specialists.
- You’re comfortable driving forward cross-functional initiatives and working collaboratively across teams.
- You’re analytical and rigorous - you track and measure everything. You test ideas and hypotheses and are quick to spot when something isn’t working.
- You’re goal-oriented - you’re not afraid of ambitious goals, in fact you prefer it that way. You celebrate successes and learn from failures.
- You’re as comfortable getting hands-on as taking a step back and thinking strategically, proactively identifying opportunities and tackling them.
- You have a good head for data, so you’re able to export and play with the numbers to see what’s going on. You can communicate with data clearly and effectively.
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Worked with PPC campaigns with a huge focus on local searches.
- Had in-house experience leading on PPC.
- Worked in or alongside a cross-functional growth product team.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Applications close by end of day on Friday May 14th.
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials
- Santander cycles membership!
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
- And much more!
* Coronavirus update: Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want (and only if they want) to use it. Previously we had work from home Wednesdays and are looking to expand remote working options long term.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process - to help set you up for success - then please let us know too.
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.
We launched our first product - our will-writing service - in December 2016, and since then we’ve grown to be the largest will-writer in the UK. We launched our second product, Probate, in early 2019, and recently our third, Cremation.
Our growth to date has been driven by an exceptional product (see our customer reviews) and key strategic partnerships. We’ve been featured in Forbes, The Times, The Guardian and on Radio 4 among others. We're also making waves in the charity world, with over £300 million raised for charities on our platform from gifts left in wills.
We’re a creative, focused team who love what we do. We have backgrounds in design, technology, behavioural psychology, and management consultancy. We love to learn from each other and our customers, and grow together as a team.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in Europe - from the founders of Transferwise and Zoopla, to Augmentum, Kindred Capital, and (in our Series B round that we closed mid-2020) Highland Europe.
This is an unusual, fascinating, and emotional area to work in – if you’re up for a big challenge we’d love to meet you.
If you’d like to understand our culture and product better, here’s a few articles for you to read: About Farewill, Life at Farewill, Are you worried about your will?