Senior React / Node Engineer
Companies and people all over the world have changed how they think about offices. At Desana, we’re looking for Senior React / Node Engineers to help us build digital infrastructure for the next global workspace evolution; where working from a workspace anywhere in the world is as easy as booking an Uber… but paid for by your employer.
About the Job
Our tech supports the rapidly evolving real estate strategies of the world's largest companies - now live in over 35 countries. You’ll join our remote team to work on executing an evolving product roadmap and will be among our first engineers to tackle this complex but massive opportunity. Along the way, you’ll have loads of responsibility, own large parts of the product and be part of an amazing team making a big impact at a global scale.
- Build brand new functionality from the ground up using the latest web technologies.
- Develop customer (and other stakeholder) products and internal tools.
- Design and develop components and services (both on frontend and backend), and integrate them into the core product.
- Scope new requirements with the company and our users.
- Monitor performance and continuously iterate off the back of user feedback.
- Experience with Tailwind, Elastic UI and React Query.
- Experience shipping consumer and business facing applications.
- Ambition to deliver world class software.
- You love to learn and continually develop yourself and your wider team.
- Like to have fun, interact well with others and be a team player.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- A background in design is desirable.
- Based in a timezone between UTC+0 and UTC+3.
Your career and progression are massively important to us.
That’s why we’re building complete career progression transparency—mapping salaries and company share options to every stage of your development—so that you know exactly how you can progress, and how much you’ll be paid when you achieve your goals. We also happen to be a leading company in one of the biggest market changes in history...
Salary and Progression
Pay and Share Options have always been a bit of a dark art 🔮
We strongly believe the dark needs some light. That’s why we’re building tools to facilitate complete salary transparency and progression paths so that you’ll always know how you can grow and what it will mean when you do. You can find that here.
It doesn't matter who you are and what your background is - so long as you have the right skills and are a great team player, we believe that you should be paid fairly and the same as everyone else at your level.
Based on our framework (which computes above average salaries for your role across a number of sources and applies factors to account for things like your experience, seniority and location), your salary for this role will up to £70,840 depending on your experience and location.
Here’s what we have for your so far (but we want to add to our benefits all the time as we grow)
- Your salary
- Plus regular salary reviews measured against transparent, clearly defined milestones and market benchmarks.
- With company performance related bonuses - when we do well, you do well.
- Not to mention Share Options in our company that grow as you do.
🤸🏽♂️ Flexible working hours
- We’re a company built around the idea of flexible working. We don’t just sell the dream, we live it.
- As long as you’re hitting your targets & covering your contracted hours we’re easy about when you work - it’s what works best for you.
🌏 Work Remotely
- You’ll get free access to the Desana app to work from wherever’s most convenient or best for you. Anywhere.
- Or, if the Amazon-lady is dropping off a parcel, or if it’s just better for you, choose to work from home.
- You’ll officially get 28 days in your contract.
- Unofficially, we’re pretty relaxed. If you’re doing a great job and not taking the mickey, who’s counting?
- Also, take your birthday off, no questions.
- Meaningful work with people who care.
- We work with you to set and achieve your professional and personal goals.
- Friday afternoons are dedicated to personal development - read, meet with mentors, listen to Podcasts, jump on YouTube - but there’s one catch: it has to be relevant to your role & we want to hear what you’ve been learning so we can all benefit and grow too.
- Personal budgets for books, training courses and conferences for everyone.
- We offer a 4% employer contribution (we pay you 100% of your salary, then 4% extra into your pension).
- We use SMART Pensions because they invest in passive Index Funds that are relatively low cost - meaning they should (note the emphasis on should) provide better returns than actively managed funds in the long-term.
- We’ll automatically enrol you but you can choose to opt-out if you’d like.
Like most companies at the moment, our team is entirely remote, and so is our interview process. You’ll need access to a device for video calls on and a good internet connection.
All in, we expect the process (from your first application) to onboarding to take not more than 6 weeks (depending on your availability). Although, we’ll do everything we can to fast-track that if we feel it’s going well.
Drop us a line with your CV at email@example.com. We’ll be in touch when initial applications close (or sooner if we can).