Ocushield is on a mission to protect peoples eyes in the digital age, one screen at a time. The brand was started by Optometrist Dhruvin Patel in 2015 as a final year dissertation into ‘the impacts of blue light on peoples eyes’. The dissertation turned into some grant funding from his university to go and create products to limit this blue light exposure & Ocushield was born.
Fast forward to today, Ocushield develops a full ecosystem of blue light products which limit harmful blue light from screens, protecting eyes and improving sleep whilst not a screens colour contrast. Ocushield has sold over 100,000 + products worldwide & has been featured in Forbes, Mashable, The Guardian, The Wall Street Journal and CNET.
It has a fast growing retail & distribution division with listings in Best Buy, HSN, Superdrug Opticians, URBN Outfitters, Office Depot & more.
It’s headquarters are in London.
Working directly with the founder, you will
- Ensure logistics operations are organised and executed in line with safety, quality and efficiency standards and customer experience is prioritised
- Go above and beyond for customers whilst at the same time minimising returns, delivery costs related to exchange & maximizing long term P&L
- Have full ownership of our fulfilment (third-party warehouse), distributors into retailers/partners and delivery operations
- Ensure smooth scaling of operations to support our explosive growth.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives
- Closely monitor costs and budgets to improve contributing margins
- Run P&L analysis on 3PL and shipping costs
PRODUCT & ORDER MANAGEMENT
- Smooth operations from 3PL/manufacture to retail and B2B customers
- Forecasting stock requirements taking into considerations all sales channels
- Deal with pre-fulfillment requests
- Product QC procedures from manufacture review and setup
- Forecasting future stock needed and how to have it transported
FULFILLMENT & WAREHOUSE
- Manage our warehouses and fulfilment supplier on a daily basis
- Make sure order fulfilment is carried out according to pick and packing instructions
- Manage packaging and accessories sourcing and reordering, improve the customer experience from packaging to delivery
- Track inventory and replenishment
- Insurance needs and safeguarding goods in transit
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- Ensure pricing and commercials marry up for consumer end and B2B partners
- Track deliveries and act accordingly in case of delays or issues
- Improve our processes to minimise delivery failure rate
- Implement new delivery options and services
- Sharing details of shipments with team and external partners
- Liaise with CS team related to order and delivery
- Make compensation claims when possible
- You have min 3 year experience in a logistics & ops role for a product based business with their own ecommerce operations and retailer partnerships, ideally in a fast scaling environment (startup) and product based
- Excel wizard
- You live and breathe logistics with a constant desire to improve and optimise processes
- You are super organised and analytical with great attention to detail
- You’re a self starter with an entrepreneurial attitude and can working independently
- You are proactive: you anticipate and prevent potential problems rather than deal with them when they arise
- You have experience with Shopify, Amazon and retailers
CULTURE & VALUES
Culture fit is as important as experience or skills so make sure you share our values:
#healthiswealth You are passionate about wellness, health and tech
#raisingtheceling You step out of your comfort zone and take risks
#goteam Success of the team and company comes first
#humility You don't take yourself too seriously. Nobody’s perfect!
#straightalking You say what you do and you do what you say - and you get sh*t done
- Flexible working arrangements: mix of remote and office (TBD)
- Hands-on involvement in growing a start-up, great for anyone wanting to one day launch their own business
- You will grow in the role and build your own team
- You will work in a faced-paced environment that values ownership, creativity and wellbeing.
- You’ll be representing an innovative and inspiring brand at the intersection of health and tech.
- You get free Ocushield product to protect your eyes, sleep and skin!
- 28 days annual leave