Changing the way the world deals with death
Dealing with death — losing a parent or a best friend — is the hardest thing most people ever go through. People want to do right by the person who died, but for too long the industry hasn’t done enough to help. Instead of helping people find the kindness, love and connection in death, dealing with death is a dreary affair with top hats, paperwork, and bureaucracy.
We believe it’s time for a change. At Farewill we build the best products in the world for dealing with death. Beautifully designed, easy to use, built for taking care of the people you love.
As our PR manager, you’ll catalyse change in societal beliefs & behaviours around death, putting Farewill at the heart of that cultural shift and conversation, and propel us forward on our mission: to change the way the world deals with death.
- One of the fastest growing startups in the UK, in the last 12 months we’ve:
- averaged an NPS of 82
- hit 8,500 Trustpilot reviews at 4.9/5
- grown from 50 to 125 people
- grown revenue 800%
- closed our £20m Series B
- won major National Awards (Consumer Business of the Year, Economic Innovator of the Year, Employer of the Year to name a few)
- raised over £350m for charity.
About the role
This is an incredible opportunity to roll your sleeves up with a team of in-house creatives and our agency, The Romans, to deliver ambitious consumer campaigns and a dominant, hawkish, press office. If you have the dogged tenacity, persistence & resilience to propel us from UK challenger to a category defining brand, we want to hear from you.
As PR Manager, in the next 12 months you will:
- deliver ambitious, category-first consumer PR campaigns, working closely with our award-winning PR agency (The Romans) and in-house creatives
- build our press office - you’ll develop a relationship with every key journalist, to establish us as the go-to for any media wanting to discuss death, funerals, wills and probate
- work across the team to uncover interesting stories, data and case studies
- manage award entries to build trust in Farewill with consumers, candidates & investors
- collaborate across marketing and product to measurably build the world’s first brand in death - we’re committed to building a brand that transforms death forever.
- As a member of our Marketing Team you’ll play a defining role influencing marketing strategy, our overall success as a team and as a business
We’re looking for:
- a press office hawk - boundless enthusiasm and an angle for any story
- relentless focus on results and ROI - you have big ambitions & a startup mindset
- a versatile communicator - you’re comfortable landing a pitch with a journalist, requesting data from an analyst in the team or celebrating results with our CEO
- compelling written communication, whether it’s descriptive or inspirational
Not requirements, but nice to haves:
- Experience working with difficult and sensitive subject matters
- experience as part of PR team in a high-growth startup
If this sounds like it’s what you’d love to do and matches your experience, we can’t wait to hear from you! If you’re unsure whether you fit our criteria exactly, please get in touch anyway - we care just as much about capability and attitude.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options.
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays.
- Flexible working including when you start & end your day, and how often you come into the office*.
- Personal development budget of 3 days and £1000 per year.
- Regular ‘passion talks’ and a range of team socials.
- Santander cycles membership.
- A chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths.
- And much more!
*Currently our lovely office in Haggerston is available if people want — and only if they want. Previously, we had work from home Wednesdays, however, our current plan is to move to a mix of office-based and remote working.
At Farewill, our mission is to change the way the world deals with death - to make it simple, personal, fairly-priced & accessible to everyone.
To do that, we want to build a workplace that’s great for everyone, that celebrates diversity in all its forms, and where everyone who works for us feels like they can be themselves, bring their whole selves to work, and be treated fairly, equitably and respectfully.
We believe flexibility is important, so we’re happy to chat to you about flexible/remote working options. And, If you need any flexibility or adjustments in our interview process - to help set you up for success - then please let us know too.