- London salary of £45,000-£70,000 per annum, depending on experience
- Options for flexible and remote working (including post-COVID)
- Discretionary bonus
- 35 days of holiday per year including UK Bank Holidays
Planetrics is a specialist provider of climate change scenario analysis to the financial industry, spun out of Vivid Economics in 2020. Our mission is to help financial institutions understand and manage the risks and opportunities arising from climate change; and ultimately to support them in aligning their activity with a low-carbon economy and a safe and stable climate. We work with leading financial institutions around the world including banks, asset managers, asset owners, and insurers.
We are specialists in modelling climate-change risk and opportunity modelling at the level of regions, sectors and assets, and in integrating this data with existing modelling and decision-making frameworks. We use this analytical expertise to support financial institutions with a wide range of activities including portfolio management, risk management, regulatory reporting, and stress testing.
Our team has been developing climate risk models with leading universities and financial institutions since 2014. We have deployed that knowledge and experience to build Planetrics, which is developed specifically with the needs of the financial sector’s growing needs for climate analytics in mind.
Planetrics is committed to diversity and inclusion and welcomes all applicants regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
We’re looking for a Data or Software Engineer to help us unlock the next phase of growth. You will work closely with our team of economists and climate scientists to build scalable data pipelines and help us bring our models into production at pace. You’ll have the opportunity to significantly influence the design of our backend processes.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong Python programming skills with ability to write production-ready code
- Experience developing production data pipelines and productionising data-science models
- Familiarity with tools like Airflow, Docker, Terraform and Ansible
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Passion for automation, containers and continuous integration
- Bash scripting and Linux skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of core AWS products including (EC2, Fargate, RDS, EC2, Lambda)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or related field
We also find the following advantageous:
- Knowledge of R and the tidyverse collection of packages
- Interest in sustainability or climate change
- Knowledge of financial data sources and platforms
- Experience with distributed data processing with tools like Spark or Hadoop
Apply via our website: https://planetrics.com/about/#careers