Job Description: Senior Product Manager
Mintago is a financial savings and pension platform that helps employers and their employees save money. Our vision for this business is to help both businesses and their employees improve their financial health.
Location: London, Remote
Pensions just don’t work. For employers (particularly small ones) they are costly and an administrative burden. For employees they are confusing, inflexible and in most cases vastly underfunded. Mintago is changing this.
We start by giving small businesses the tools to make managing pensions less taxing (both from an admin perspective and quite literally saving them thousands in tax each year). We then provide employees with simple and engaging tools that trace lost pensions, help them understand and plan for the future and manage their pension contributions.
That is just the beginning though. We believe that the future of workplace pensions will move away from the current paternalistic employer-led model and instead empower employees with more flexibility, control and value.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join us in building the UK’s best pension product.
This role reports directly to the CEO and as we are a small and growing team, you will have the opportunity to take on as much responsibility as you want from an early stage.
- You will help lead our product strategy and vision.
- What your day to day may look like…
- Interview our users to understand their pain points and needs
- Work with designers, finance, compliance and other stakeholders to build out business cases and product resource documents
- Write clear user stories and use cases that include the appropriate level of technical requirements and an understanding of the business value
- Collect requirements from users, team members and our expert advisory panel
- Work with senior leadership to plan our product vision and roadmap
- Work with marketing, sales and customer support to plan product launches
- Monitor our development velocity and work with our team to unblock any issues
- To be great at this role you will probably need to…
- Love the quality of your work and have strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team, collaborating with other designers, developers and senior stakeholders on projects
- Be able to communicate clearly and succinctly with a range of different stakeholders, including developers
- Have an understanding of how technical teams work and operate
- What is great but not essential…
- Knowledge and experience of the pension industry and / or payroll providers
- Experience building products in heavily regulated industries
- Competitive salary and equity scheme
- Unlimited holiday
- Regular company-wide sessions: giving you an opportunity to share your ideas and learn about other areas of the business
- Regular socials: in person meals and drinks, virtual socials etc.
- A warm and motivated team working to make a real difference for our customers
- Fully remote with budget to kit out your home office (note: we have the intention to have a flexible office/remote option in the future)
Why join Mintago?
We are a tech business but it’s really a people business. We care and are really excited about what we do for the world. We also look after each other. We have a great culture of working hard together while having fun. The founder and CEO, Chieu Cao, is also the co-founder of another successful business called Perkbox. We have a great team with the experience to make a big difference.