A bit about Wonderbly
Wonderbly is a unique, award winning startup that designs, sells, prints and ships super high quality personalised books for children. Our books are designed to instil a sense of boundless self-belief in the children that read them. This year we became Children's Publisher of the Year. In the past five years we’ve sold over six million books and we want to sell hundreds of millions more so we can influence the lives of the next generation to be more curious, kind and courageous than any that has come before.
Life as Wonderbly’s Content Manager
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, organised and detail-oriented person to join our wonderbly.com Product team as a Junior Content Manager and look after all of the ecommerce content we publish across our international website.
You’ll be comfortable managing your own time, able to effectively prioritise work, and love to solve problems.
Day-to-day, your role will be to work across the marketing, design and product teams to prepare and publish content through our Content Management System (CMS). Initially you’ll be given clear tasks but with time you’ll own the whole end to end publishing process and find ways to improve our workflow and the quality of what we publish. Comfort with all things digital and technology is important for this role as you’ll be the go-to person for campaigns, international product launches, day-to-day merchandising, and other ecommerce initiatives and website updates.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are a requisite, as well as confidence in dealing with people at a range of different levels. If you’re familiar with HTML it should really help you get into the groove, but it’s not a requirement to apply.
This role would be a great starting point for someone looking to build a career in marketing, ecommerce, or product.
A bit about you
- A good understanding of all things digital is a must. You’ll spend a lot of time working with our content management systems so showing a basic understanding of how software systems work and the role of content in digital marketing and ecommerce is essential
- You’ll be quick to pick up technical ideas and tools, like new platforms and software
- You have a knack (and a process) for solving problems
- Accuracy and details are important for this role, so you should consider yourself a stickler for the little things
- You will have good working knowledge of G-suite applications (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Good numeracy and analytical skills would be very useful as we analyse and report on customer interactions often
- Whatever your background you’ll need to provide evidence of good time management and communication skills from your previous projects
- We’d love to see you able to demonstrate strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Having some basic knowledge and comfort in HTML/CSS
- Previous experience with analytics and/or AB testing platforms would be a bonus
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and basic artworker skills would be a big plus
A bit about the role
- Reporting into our wonderbly.com VP Product, you'll be launching products to our international markets, and setting up trade campaigns from end-to-end (homepage, product page, product range, cart, etc.) in all languages, ranging from English to Korean, and many more in between.
- Supporting the rollout of new features and content strategies across all markets - for example, new brand content or information about last order dates before Christmas for our customers
- Managing existing content on all platforms and general updates/ web fixes/ errors
- Supporting A/B testing and building variants
- Briefing new content based on a test requirement or a successful test, brief additional asset requirements.
- Liaising with stakeholders around the business to get sign off on new ideas (e.g. solutions to enhance content management efficiency)
- Finding ways to improve our processes and workflow and the quality of what we publish
First and foremost you should join Wonderbly because of the work. We’re on a mission to inspire boundless self belief in every child, everywhere through our beautiful personalised books.
- The chance to work on something your friends and family will fall in love with
- Flexible remote working for now (but must be able to commit to 2+ days in the office per week in the future). In the office, you’ll also get the opportunity to be surrounded by positive, self motivated people inspired by this exciting mission, in our light-filled, colourful studio building in East London
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular Yoga classes and mental health support
- Personal training allowance
- 28 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays
- Health insurance to keep you in tip-top shape
- Pension scheme
- We love having dogs in the office (well behaved ones anyway)!
Equal opportunities employer
Our team are committed to providing equal opportunities for employment regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, disability, family structure, socio-economic status, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis (it's the law, but it's also just the right thing to do).