Area is the leading (pun intended) lead management automation software for estate agents in the UK. We provide a Software as a Service (SaaS) that handles incoming enquiries for viewings and valuations from online portals and websites, self-service tools for consumers and detailed audit reporting for directors and managers of the estate agencies.
Area was founded in 2015 by experienced estate agents that teamed up with a handful of technology startup veterans. Area has now processed close to a million enquiries and is the beating heart of hundreds of leading estate agents around the country.
Area also partners with other leading companies in the property technology space such as Reapit, Moneypenny, Kerfuffle and Relocation Agent Network to create integrations that simplify and modernise estate agencies.
Area is essentially a light CRM system for estate agents in the UK. Our software sits between the agency's website, property portals and other CRM systems. Area’s services are built in Ruby on Rails and run on AWS. Almost 500,000 consumers engage with the Area platform each year so you’ll be working on a well established product and interacting with an experienced management and product team from London.
We are looking for a Rail developer with an interest in building B2B2C software with a focus on the end user. This is very much a get your hands dirty startup role where you will be able to take ownership and work in an agile fashion. We’re a remote-first company that’s flexible with working schedules, but we’re all about getting things done. We value working smarter rather than simply working harder or longer. We’ll try to meet up a few times a year but other than that you can work from anywhere +/- 5 hours time difference so we can have some overlap with you.
- A good and current understanding of the Ruby on Rails 5 framework
- At least 2 years commercial experience working with Rails (ideally SaaS)
- Be able to speak and write in English (intermediate to advanced)
Nice To Haves
- Self motivated and able to manage own workload
- Experience with AWS environments
- Experience working in remote and/or startup teams
- Experience building APIs and working with event-driven architectures
- Experience with Vue/Angular/React/other front-end framework
- Interest in or experience with UX, UI and product development
Area is committed to fostering an inclusive and positive working environment, with lots of opportunities to engage with your colleagues, albeit remotely most of the time. You’ll also have the opportunity to influence the business and be part of a fast-moving start up with continuous growth opportunities.
- Competitive salaries without the need to work in an office or commute
- A coworking space membership so you can focus on your work
- A generous equipment allowance (we use Macs) so you have the best tools
- A skills development budget (e.g. courses or books) to keep you sharp
- Flexible holiday allowance and personal days as required
By sending us your application you agree to us using your personal data for recruitment purposes. We are storing this data in our recruitment software, which is fully compliant with GDPR/EU data protection laws. If you are unsuccessful in your application for this role, we may keep your details on file so that we can get in touch with you about other suitable vacancies which may be of interest in the future. If you would rather we did not keep your details on file for this, please let us know.