Breakroom is the people-powered job comparison site for hourly work.
We measure job quality and our mission is to make every hourly job a good one.
We do that by helping workers compare where they work and giving them all the information they need to see if they’re getting a good deal at work.
Over 100,000 of hourly workers visit our website every month, to compare their jobs at thousands of the UK’s largest employers.
We’re a seed-stage startup, backed by Northzone (Spotify, Trustpilot) and Profounders (Made.com, One Fine Stay) alongside social impact investors the Resolution Foundation who help set the Real Living Wage.
Our team have previously held senior product and engineering roles in companies like Bulb, Deliveroo and Moo.com. We’ve also successfully exited two startups (Newspaper Club and Poetica, sold to Condé Nast).
We’re committed to building a world-class, inclusive team. We welcome applications from groups traditionally underrepresented in technology startups, especially women, people of colour, and people with a non-traditional educational background.
Learn more about us here, and feel free to explore our blog posts to get a better sense of what we stand for.
About the role
This is a great opportunity to join the team at an exciting moment, as the person to own and lead our marketing operations. In the months ahead we’re planning to scale what we spend on marketing and where we spend it, as well as exploring other channels to drive growth.
As our Growth Lead, your mission will be to help grow the number of people who compare their job on Breakroom. Your typical day will be:
- Run and scale our marketing campaigns on Facebook, Google Ads and other platforms
- Identify new and innovative ways to drive traffic to our product
- Execute experiments to test your hypotheses, and iterate quickly to learn what is working or not working and how we could improve
- Work closely with the leadership team to build and maintain the brand in line with our mission
- Manage the marketing budget to ensure that we are generate survey responses in line with our KPIs
- Learn about our audience, define the right messaging and implement new marketing campaigns
- Keep track and report on performance
- Manage and mentor a social media content creator
As the company grows, we expect your responsibilities to grow with it and typically expand the scope of your work into:
- Adding new marketing channels to our mix (within the next 6 months)
- Choosing where to allocate marketing budget
- Being able to draw insights from our audience and influence product direction
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 3+ years of performance marketing experience, specifically Facebook and Google Ads (search and display)
- Have an analytical mind that will allow you to understand campaign performance and take further decisions based on that
- Can take ownership of your tasks and become quickly autonomous
- Have a collaborative approach, so you can take on suggestions as well as share the rationale behind your decisions and learnings from experiments with the entire team
- Have a good understanding of product development, and you are be able to identify learnings from landing pages for example, or suggest product developments based on your audience understanding
- You’re comfortable with an ever-changing environment where experimentation and user feedback will continue to change our priorities and shift what we’re building, without losing focus on the product vision and business mission
And most of all, you’re excited and motivated by our mission of making every hourly job a good one! You'll find ways in which to make the role yours, and carry out initiatives that we haven't thought of yet.
You’ll need the right to work in the UK – we cannot sponsor visas at the moment. Not sure about the right to work in the UK? Email us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to have a look into it for you.
Location: London, although entirely remote during Covid-19. We don’t know yet where our next office will be (post Covid-19).
Salary: £40-45k per year, based on past experience.
- 0.1–0.5% equity
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- £1000 annual budget for training, learning and conferences
- 5% employer pension contributions
- Flexible working
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Choose your own equipment
How to apply and next steps
To apply for this job, please apply through this link: https://apply.workable.com/breakroom/j/D9FFFBABE9/
The interviewing process will be in three steps:
- A 30 minutes phone chat to understand your previous experience and answer to any questions you have about Breakroom
- A second interview (on a Zoom call) with two of our team members to get to know you better and explore our approach to growth and marketing in more detail, based on a short take-home exercise
- A Zoom call with two other team members focused on how we collaborate as a team
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any adjustments to be made to support you through the application process. For example, we’ll pay for childcare whilst you’re doing your interviews or tasks, or organising BSL interpreters if needed.