About our mission
Welcome! We’re a machine learning company with a mission to open source the law.
Genie AI uses cutting edge technology to make legal services accessible to everyone. We’ve built Genie Docs, an AI and NLP driven platform that enables the creation of legal documents using the collective intelligence of thousands of past clauses. Changing the business of law from billable hours to self-serve documents, we save our users hours of time and thousands of pounds in fees.
We’re already garnering plaudits, and have been listed as one of the top 29 UK AI startups. We're growing rapidly and are looking for you to join our team and shake up the £100bn global legal industry with us!
About the role
Genie AI are looking for a keen-eyed problem solver to join us as Software Developer in Test (SDET).This is an exciting role that allows the successful candidate to create and augment our automation framework, focusing upon testing and reporting for around 70% of the time, and spending 30% upon web development.
- Being a key and highly valued participant in solution building and experiments with engineering team.
- Build and maintain our automation framework from scratch!
- Build a seamless and durable continuous testing process.
- Contribute to our web development.
- Gather and refine requirements from stakeholders to improve the overall quality of the platform.
What we need
4 years + experience in a SaaS environment using the following:-
- CI/CD tools
What we would like
- Cypress / Puppeteer / Playwright (Selenium if you absolutely must...)
- Design patterns - Page object
What would be nice
About the company
- Genie AI was created at Entrepreneur First in November 2017. We're now a team of 18 incredibly talented and fun Genies from 7 countries split across Business and Technology.
- Genie AI is backed by world leading experts such as Lord Neuberger (former President of the Supreme Court), Adam Ziegler (Head of Harvard Law School's Library Innovation Lab), Charlie Songhurst (former Head of Strategy at Microsoft), Khosla Ventures (founded by Vinod Khosla, co-founder of Sun Microsystems, the inventors of Java) and other investors with serious pedigree.
- We’re currently working as a fully remote community, and will be working from the office 2 days a week after lockdown. Our office is based in Shoreditch, London, with lots of great places to eat and drink nearby.
About the benefits
- Substantial equipment budget for you to set up working environment, including a top of the range laptop.
- Unlimited holiday.
- Generous share options - we want everyone to share our success!
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Regular meditation and wellbeing sessions.
- Optional payroll/pre-tax charity giving.
- Unlimited budget for business, law or technology books.
- Regular team lunches and dinners after lockdown (and plenty of social activity in the meantime!).
- Full access to the Juno employee benefits platform!
At Genie, we’re passionate about what we do, and we're committed to creating a diverse environment. Whilst we’re on the cutting edge of innovation, it’s all about the people. We embrace differences and hire based on merit, giving equal consideration to all applications, regardless of gender, background or race.