Job Description: Growth Intern
econscia is a young startup, founded 2020. We’re on a mission to help companies tackle their carbon footprints, with powerful analytical tools.
Our product, econscia cloud, is a solution for manufacturers to model their carbon emissions, using their own internal data.
We’re looking for an intern (paid) for 6 months to support our sales & marketing as we close our first major deals.
We are a small 3 person team, early in our growth, and funded through angel investment. You’ll work directly alongside our CEO & founder to own parts of our sales & marketing, to ensure we move as fast as possible in the marketplace.
This role is ideal for someone interested in startups, early in their career, wanting to gain some experience. You’ll own regular weekly tasks to drive our growth, but you’ll get full training on sales & marketing for B2B tech companies. We fully expect this position to specialise into a full-time, permanent sales or marketing role, as you learn, and our company grows.
We are a remote-first company.
econscia is a product for manufacturers to track and analyse their carbon emissions. Sustainability teams spend months each year gathering and making sense of data from every part of their company, leaving little time to act on the problem. It’s inefficient and slow - and helps neither companies nor the environment. You’ll work alongside us to grow our sales pipeline as we build a powerful AI solution to quantify, track and reduce carbon emissions.
Who you are
You will have:
- Interest in business development, sales and/or marketing for tech companies
- Ruthless time management and prioritisation skills
- A great eye for detail to ensure quality
- A growth mindset and openness to new challenges
- Passion for sustainability and making business better
- Some, or no work experience - school leavers, students welcomed
What you’ll own
The role is key to enable our sales and marketing efforts to go faster. You’ll be given training to own:
- Launching & monitoring outbound sales campaigns, to improve our funnel
- Execution of tactical marketing campaigns, inc. paid social, PR & branding efforts
- Processing, reporting and analysis of data to improve our efforts, weekly
- Managing lead generation agencies/freelancers
What this involves
The role involves:
- Using LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Lemlist, Apollo and other sales tools
- Reporting data weekly or adhoc in Excel
- Monitoring email sequences and quality checking
- Managing social media & paid campaigns
- Liasing with freelancers, agencies and publications
How we work
We think a lot about ways of working, and always look to better ourselves through different tools and techniques. We’re always excited to learn new practices and culture from other people and teams.
- Deep work
- finding ways to achieve strong focus and pace in mind
- specific and actionable feedback on a regular cadence from all team members
- Continuous improvement
- challenging our own workflows, automating as much as possible
- Decide fast
- timeboxing decisions, deciding fast, learning as quickly as we can, and accepting failure
- team members choose how, where and when they contribute
Values are the reason we work, and econscia looks for those who live and promote strong values.
- We work to achieve more tomorrow than we can today - in our tools, work, mindset and outcomes. We raise the bar and remove comfort. We try to see opportunities, not limitations, and aim for better as individuals and teams.
- A healthy body is a healthy mind. We aren’t religious, but we try to promote the right habits, and make time for balance and wellbeing amongst work.
- We avoid bullshit and aim to satisfy the needs of customers, and not our own.
- We try to be honest, and then we move on. The path to quality and improvement lies in honesty to yourself and others around you.
- Speed wins when all else is equal, but pace is about consistency and well-calibrated direction. Decisions are reversible and trying but failing should be celebrated.
- We believe the purpose of the team is to create a safe, high-trust environment to maximise individual performance. This touches all our work - including our behaviours, tools, communication, culture, support and motivation. We work to compound each other's efforts, and we're responsible to find the best in ourselves and others. We build discipline and routine, as the foundation for strong execution.
Why work at econscia
- £1600 monthly salary, with opportunity to progress to permanent
- No-fly holidays policy: days spent travelling to holiday without flying don’t count toward your holiday allowance
- Workplace pension
- Deep work Wednesdays (no meetings - full focus)
- Flexible hours: choose how, when and where you work
- Modern central London co-working office space (Second Home), and remote working
- Work to make a real impact on the planet