SWEATIZEN is a purpose-driven athleisure brand with a mission to empower independent African artists through their hand-crafted designs. We are a UK based start-up with a heart in Tanzania, East Africa. Through premium & sustainable apparel, we provide a platform and a voice for artists with a focus on stand-out and vibrant styles. Our mission is to create a community of SWEATIZENs that support the creativity and heritage of our artists. We operate an inclusive business model through a women-driven core team and empower models, photographers and community based supply-chain partners in Tanzania and the UK.
We are launching in June 2021 with a unique array of 8 designs for men & women including hoodies, t-shirts and socks made of sustainable and premium materials including GOTs organic cotton and recycled polyester. Our apparel is designed for before, during and after-workout. Our limited t-shirt collection features organic Tanzanian cotton that empowers small-scale farmers in Tanzania.
We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and passionate individual who has experience in either social media, marketing, communications, PR and brand building. Our ideal candidate is someone who has a "can do" attitude, can solve issues and can work in a start-up environment where it is all hands on deck. A key requirement for us is someone who is passionate about a mission driven model that has impact and sustainability at the heart of the brand and can align with our goal to improve the livelihoods of our artists.
Key roles & responsibilities include:
- Managing and operating our social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook & Pin-Interest)
- Ensuring our posts align with our brand ethos and communications guide-lines
- Driving creativity and management through social media apps (e.g. Canva, etc.)
- Coming up with creative campaigns for special occasions and calender dates
- Building relationships and managing influencers in our target database
- Organic marketing reach to target media outlets, portals and online blogs
- Supporting the team on digital marketing through Instagram and Facebook
- Assisting on drafting a newsletter
This is a part-time freelance opportunity with a defined budget profile and a discussion on equity options. Our plan is to scale-up the model through a seed funding round that will provide a better remuneration profile and further involvement.
If you are looking for exposure in a mission-driven start-up that is trying to push the boundaries and be impactful, please apply! We are keen to meet and chat with those who have relevant experience to help us scale a project that has our artists at the heart of our brand