Industry: Digital Healthcare, StartUp
Job Type: Digital Marketing
Location: UK Location preferable. Virtual/Home Working
Contract: Temporary (3 months)
Salary: Ex Gratis/TBD/Volunteer
Closing Date: 4th June 2021
About the team and its goals:
You will be working alongside the Founders and a wider team of healthcare professionals, data scientists and business professionals whose goal is to create a digital health platform to help the NHS streamline cancer care.
About the role:
YouDiagnose is announcing a unique opportunity Master or PhD programs students in various
universities to pursue research and innovation which will help them to get most up-to-date and relevant experience in the industry which will contribute towards their dissertation and overall career development. This is an unpaid internship to provide you with all-round exposure in business development while working with with this clinical artificial intelligence startup team. This would provide a wide range of experience starting from business analysis, market analysis, analysing technology trends and drivers in the industry.
The main responsibilities will include but not limited to
- analyse the market, ecosystem, competitive dynamics, partner need
- study the strengths, weaknesses, assets and capabilities of competitive organisations.
- define marketing business and operational strategies from various angles.
- define project requirements e.g.milestones, timeline and resources.
Testimonials of previous interns
“As my first week comes to an end as an intern at YouDiagnose, I cannot thank my mentors Priti Joshi and Jonathan Armstrong for the help and guidance received so far. They have communicated effectively with my tasks and have been available to solve any problems or queries right away! It has been exciting to produce my first blog for the company and research deeper into AI and the benefits of digital health. Looking forward to the next 7 weeks and witnessing the progression of YouDiagnose – Know Sooner, Live Better.” Zaynab Khan - July 2020
“I am extremely honoured to have received recognition from The University of Edinburgh for my work with YouDiagnose. Additionally, I am so grateful to the University and those who worked tirelessly ensuring completion of the academic year in such challenging times and circumstances.” Neema Namavian - May 2020
“I am so happy to announce that my blog ‘Historic Economic Downfalls and Cancer Care: The forecast post-COVID’, that I have been working on with the help of Dr. Aswini Misro, has been accepted by the BMJ Global Health Blog.” Emily Toyn – Aug 2020
Please read more at - https://youdiagnose.online/careers/
Skills and competencies required
Ideally, we are looking at a candidate with a bachelor degree or masters in business administration, marketing, technology and information management with the following skills
- Ability to impact operations and effect change without being confrontational.
- Detail-oriented, analytical and inquisitive.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team.
- Extremely organised with strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of process improvement and big picture thinking.
- Works well under pressure and problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinking and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
Why should you apply?
- Working in a start-up will provide a unique opportunity to work with the founding team and get an end-to-end exposure of a business development need.
- Opportunity for long-term opportunities.
- Must be a Master or PhD programs students in various universities to pursue research and innovation which will help them to get most up-to-date and relevant experience in the industry which will contribute towards their dissertation and overall career development. This opportunity is available for the following categories
- Digital health
- Clinical artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Healthcare information technology
- Clinical informatics
- Medical engineering
- Genomics and bioinformatics
- Cancer and data science
- Community healthcare
- Healthcare challenges
- Digital taskforce
- Healthcare change management and business efficiency
- Population genetics
- Healthcare model innovation
- Clinical workflow automation