We’re on an ambitious mission to modernise a sector that is in desperate need of innovation, empowering the care homes and home-care agencies of the future. Our impact on the care sector is wide, encompassing mental health, learning difficulties, nursing and elderly care.
We’re making this happen by delivering the only freemium care management system on the market. Everything we create is built from the ground up to be open and accessible to care professionals, no matter their level of technological familiarity, which creates a huge design challenge.
We are on CrunchBase's list of Startups to Watch in 2020 and have achieved rapid growth since launching in March 2018, with our app being used by many thousands of carers every day. Our mantra of “Designed by Carers for Carers” has been the secret to how we built the most user-friendly product in the care sector. Just take a look at our Google Reviews and see for yourself.
You will contribute by:
- Taking the lead on the UX and UI development of new products. We have an ambitious roadmap and this is an opportunity for you to really make the product your own.
- Building prototypes, conducting usability tests with our customers and iterating the designs.
- Using product analytics tools to help us convert, engage and retain more users. also measure the impact of improvements to the product.
- And much more! The list is just to illustrate the type of work involved in this role. We're a start-up and there's plenty of room to grow as a designer, with the plan being for you to take the lead on every design aspect of the company. Given the rate our company is growing, this role is going to be exciting, challenging, but also very impactful from the start.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a seasoned designer with a minimum of 2 years’ software design experience.
- Have a keen eye for detail, and a strong visual design aesthetic.
- Be well-versed in modern UX research methods.
- Have a strong portfolio that showcases your design process.
- Be able to demonstrate relevant mastery of common tools like Figma or Sketch.
- Have a basic understanding of web technologies like CSS and web components.
- Have a good understanding of information architecture and interaction design.
- Value the opportunities that come with working as an integral part of a close-knit startup with meaningful social impact.
What you’ll get in return:
- Salary £32.000 - £47.000 depending on your experience
- 25 days’ holiday, increasing yearly
- 3% pension contribution
- Equity option available
If you’re looking for a career that directly helps to improve the quality of care for thousands of the UK’s most vulnerable people, then this is your chance. If you’re interested in being in on the ground floor of something amazing - then check out the details below and get in touch.
Our team are currently all working remotely so most interviews will be done via Zoom video calls. We look forward later this year to appropriately return to office-based work in London 3 days a week.