Eligible (or eligible ai) is a fin-tech start-up, developing smart relationship solutions for financial institutions in the mortgage market. Our customers use our products to empower their teams, grow their business and increase their retention. It’s our mission to help our clients delight, value, and keep their customers forever. We're growing fast and looking for awesome people to help us create a market-leading platform. If you're interested in being a core part of an engaged team solving real problems, read on.
We're looking for a senior-level frontend developer that can hit the ground running. From day one, you'll be able to have a direct impact on the development of our platform, working closely with our CTO and back-end team technically, and our CPO with regards to designs and UI/UX.
As the team grows, you'll also be responsible for ensuring the success of your colleagues by leading the frontend team, and have opportunities to support and mentor more junior colleagues that join us.
We find that with so much going on, it's easy to get lost on the weeds of the day-to-day work. At Eligible we want to make sure that everyone has the space to take a breather, zoom out, and work on something they think will be valuable. That's why we set aside Fridays each week to give ourselves that headspace.
For engineering and product, what this means is the opportunity to (among other things):
- clear out tech debt
- refactor something that's been bugging you for a while
- experiment with something that you think could improve DX, a process, another departments day-to-day work, etc.
- learn about a technology that you believe could aid the product
- learning about a part of the system that you may not get exposure to very often
Our stack is Django / Python in the backend, connected to the frontend via a JSON API. The frontend is built using React (currently an unejected create-react-app), and has been mostly migrated - save for a few larger / older components - to TypeScript. We actively encourage the use of hooks, and we're also using Redux in a limited manner at present, with plans to make much heavier use of the library going forwards. We use CSS modules (SASS) for styling.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- leading the growing frontend team with support from the CTO
- maintaining the existing frontend codebase
- working with both design and engineering to spec out and provide estimates for features
- turning designs into experiences for our users
We believe that people, attitude, and problem-solving ability are more important than buzzwords, but ideally, you:
- have experience working with React
- experience using TypeScript, or a keenness to get stuck in with it
- understand the concepts and patterns behind Redux, and ideally have used it - or a similar library - professionally
- are able to turn designs into well-structured components
- understand how to work with an API
- care about great UX as much as the quality of your code
- understand the importance of automated testing, and have experience with libraries such as Enzyme or React Testing Library
- have worked in a team setting before and understand how work gets distributed among a team
- can put good solutions above ego (this goes both ways - we expect you to be comfortable being challenged, but unafraid to challenge others (constructively!))
If all of the above sounds like an environment you'd thrive in, please get in touch!