Location: Slough, SL1 4**
(Note we are moving from Maidenhead to a brand new HQ in Slough Trading Estate)
We are driving the transition to a world where heating is carbon free, low cost and accessible to everyone. Decarbonisation of domestic heating is the single biggest challenge facing the UK’s goal to reach Net Zero. Heating represents over 30% of all carbon emissions in the UK.
We have invented a new type of IoT connected heating technology which will be a game changer in the drive to decarbonise domestic heating. It’s called a ZEB® (Zero Emission Boiler) and is a plug ‘n’ play gas or oil boiler replacement/alternative. It uses electricity and ultra-high density thermal storage tech to give our customers high performance heating while it’s flexibility ensures it is low carbon, cheap and supports the needs of a renewables based electricity grid.
We’ve recently been part of TechNation’s Net Zero Cohort as one of the fastest growing and most exciting CleanTech startups in the UK. We’ve now completed our first winter trials of the ZEB® in homes and are working on commercialisation and scale-up.
What we are looking for
An experienced commercial leader to join the leadership team as our Chief Commercial Officer.
This is a crucial hire for us as we shift focus towards commercialisation and launch of the product to market. Our ZEB® will disrupt the status quo - the current domestic central heating market. It will require us to combine our innovative product with an innovative commercial offering which we need to build from the ground up.
The ZEB® is a unique product. The commercial proposition will need to bring together multiple stakeholders from across the energy landscape to deliver a compelling proposition to the end user. The person we’re looking for will therefore understand and have experience of getting consumer products to customers and also the wider context of the energy system transition and the role of flexibility. They will bring with them a strong network from the energy and/or heating industry.
We want people who are truly passionate about tackling climate change. We firmly believe in the existential threat that climate change poses to us all. This is why we’ve made it our mission to solve the heating conundrum.
- Full-time employee to start at the earliest available date
- Key member of the leadership team
- Combination of working from tepeo HQ in Maidenhead (Berkshire) and some remote/mobile working
- Travel (mostly national) to stakeholders, customers, suppliers etc.
- Working very closely with the CEO to develop and scale the business
- Developing, refining and delivering the commercial strategy
- Establishing and managing partnerships and routes to market. Key partners may include energy suppliers, housing associations, government, sub-suppliers, housing developers and trade associations
- Building commercial, sales, customer service and marketing teams and capabilities
- Lots of other things… we’re still a start-up!
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of product commercialisation, channel partnerships and getting products to market
- Experience working in the energy and/or heating sector with a strong network
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree
Preferable and/or optional experience
- Founded or worked for a startup as it has scaled up
- Customer service, marketing, advertising and branding
- Supply chain and distribution