Money Story is an exciting financial wellbeing start-up founded at Falmouth Launchpad, a Falmouth University incubator and accelerator program.
We are a contemplative finance technology company created to address financial anxiety by improving wellbeing alongside enabling financial progress. Effectively, we help users explore their financial identities; motivations, levels of optimism and self-efficacy and coach them to optimise with unique insight and financial reflection.
We have created an app; currently at prototype stage, that delivers engaging streams of bite-sized reflection content designed using human cognition principles and elements of gamification that gives users a sense of optimism and confidence concerning their finances supporting them to positive decision making.
We have a large and growing pipeline of pilot projects with largely public sector organisations (our beachhead focus) and credit unions to deliver paid and unpiad access to our platform with a view to securing propsoective paying customers and endorsements to unlock funding from the Social Investment Business and Regional Social Impact Investment Funds.
We are inviting applications from purpose driven software developers to review and manage existing technology stack, taking ownership as we move into the pilot phase. This role offers the opportunity to become CTO in defining future development of our technology strategy building a future start-up multi-disciplinary team.
Compensation is currently in the form of equity for the right candidate that demonstrates talent and proactivity as is the requirement for a small dynamic start up.
Initial focus of the role
- Work with Co-founders and Product Owner
- Supporting assessment and management of full technology stack
- Undertaking research-based work to support data modelling / coding activities.
- Partake in client meetings (virtually to begin with) supporting project requirements
- Take over development work from current outsourced Devs team
- Consider product development roadmap and work towards an adequate technology strategy
Applicants Should Ideally
- have a proven background in software engineering or computer science to an academic standard or reference projects.
- possess good technical proficiency in commonly used ML libraries (ideally, C++ and Python)
- possess good understanding technical proficiency in commonly used app technologies such a React Native
- possess good understanding technical proficiency in commonly used app development technologies such as Flutter and React Native
- Be aware of data security standard and processes and confident to contribute to strategy