We have a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and creative Junior Designer with strong digital skills to join a thriving technology company based in the heart of Manchester.
We build audio-centric products (Radio.co, Podcast.co and MatchMaker.fm) and provide audio production services that help thousands of creators and brands to share stories, support their passions and connect with audiences. We work with some of the world's most exciting brands producing podcasts heard by millions; including Roc Nation, Samsung and Bloomberg.
We’re seeking a Junior Designer who is eager to join a dynamic start-up environment and work on a variety of design and marketing projects including (but not limited to) social media assets, digital ads, website illustrations/graphics, presentation/decks and podcast branding. This will be primarily for the Podcast.co product however design work may be required across the other platforms. There is plenty of scope to pursue and develop skills in UX, Product, Content and/or Video Production as you progress.
Reporting to the Design Lead as our first junior designer, we’re looking for someone with bags of enthusiasm, an endless sense of curiosity and creative spark to help build upon our visual identities across our family of products and services while supporting our marketing and commercial efforts.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with and supporting the marketing & content team to visually translate our brands and identity across all of our websites and social channels.
- Artworking & concepting for our production team including podcast branding, social assets and pitch decks/proposals.
- Providing overall design support to the wider teams throughout the execution of campaigns and projects.
- Up to 1 year experience as a junior designer and/or portfolio of work demonstrating your creative capabilities.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop etc).
- Basic understanding of specialised UI tools (Figma, Sketch, XD etc).
- Strong design sensibilities (colour, type, layout, motion).
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS would be beneficial but not essential.
- You’re up to date with the latest design trends and strive to produce creative, beautiful and useful design solutions.
- You`ll be comfortable articulating your ideas with both designers and non-creative types and receiving constructive feedback.
Throughout COVID-19 we are working remotely for the time being, although our regular office is located in the Northern Quarter, Manchester. We're committed to supporting anyone that joins us mid-pandemic in a way that enables you to onboard smoothly and feel a part of the team. In addition to this we offer:
- Competitive salary (£18,000-£24,000 depending on experience).
- Flexitime and remote-friendly.
- Startup environment, relaxed, close knit team & flat management.
- Mac to work on (either iMac or MacBook).
- A learning budget to help with personal/career development.
- Friendly, social culture with regular activities & company meals out.
- 28 days total annual leave (including public holidays).
- In addition to the above you also get your birthday off.
- Perkbox subscription with monthly freebies, discounts and convenient access to physical and mental healthcare.
- Ride to Work cycle scheme.
Click 'Apply' to start the process. We ask you provide a copy of your CV, a cover letter/intro and a link to any online portfolios you have.
Strictly No Recruiters