Living Windows is searching for an organised self-starter to be our new Operations Assistant. The responsibilities of this role include reporting directly to the Operations Lead and fulfilling the manager's duties in their absence. This is a varied role and the successful candidate needs to be well-versed, or open to learning about business operations, retail and e-commerce retail. You’ll need to be able to take minutes at meetings and notes for team review, forward and distribute mail as required, and prepare and file documents and information.
To be successful our Operations Assistant, you should possess excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with a varied workload and multiple tasks. Top candidates will have strong organisational, able to think outside of the box, interpersonal skills and be solution focused.
- Acting assistant to the Operations Lead and taking care of all duties as instructed in their absence.
- Assisting the Operations Lead and team with operational activities.
- Attending meetings and team building sessions as required.
- Promptly answering the questions of colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Providing excellent customer service and maintaining relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Preparing and filing forms and other documents.
- Assisting with customer support, order processing, direct sales and maintenance tasks on and off site.
- Taking inventory and ordering office and stock as needed.
- Updating logs and order forms.
- Analysing all operations and forwarding suggestions for improvement to the Operations Lead.
- Ability to adapt to different ad hoc tasks and flexible in multi-dynamic situations.
- Education history at College Level or higher.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- GCSE English and Maths.
- Superb time keeping and organisational skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- A willingness to learn.
- A strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Additional courses in business administration or office management are advantageous.
- Green fingered; experience with gardening and/or horticulture.
- Retail experience in a store or online.
- Experience in sales and after-sales activity i.e. customer support, processing orders and invoicing.
- Full and clean driving license or working towards gaining one.
- Some/Relevant experience in e-commerce and online order processing
- Experience using Shopify
- Website management experience