Are you ready to step into the fast-paced world of fintech? We’re Pollinate. We combine the agility and flexibility of a high growth company with the global ambitions and backing of an established brand.
As a Product Owner you are in charge of the near-term backlog (0-3 months) of your product area. Reporting to the Product Delivery Director you will work with the Lead Product Owner, as well as a dedicated team, typically including UX/UI designer, business analyst, technical architect, project manager and a scrum team of developers, to define the product vision, develop the product and take it to market.
As such we’re looking for people who love to be at the centre of complex, fast-moving projects, and who are able to pull together multidisciplinary teams towards common goals.
- Own and maintain an outcome-based roadmap and associated detailed product backlog in JIRA on how to turn that vision into reality
- Conduct user research and stakeholder meetings to solicit feedback and validate priorities and solutions
- Build and refine requirements for upcoming development sprints, including coordinating visual design and UX
- Work with our designers and developers to ensure agreed work is clearly understood and accurately implemented
- Assist in product design evaluations and user acceptance testing
- Analyse data, usage statistics and feedback to gain user insight – working appropriate insights into future iterations
- Create and publish in Confluence internal product update release notes and related documentation such as flow charts, screenshots and videos to explain changed and new functionality
- Work together with the lead product owners to inform and align on important product changes
- Overcome barriers and solve problems whilst maintaining the ultimate product vision whilst leaning on lead product owners for support
- Act as primary liaison for every aspect of your product with the wider Pollinate team, communicate milestones internally and with client partners.
- You have experience working as a Product Owner for a technology company delivering SaaS and web-based solutions and are passionate about product development
- You have experience writing use cases and user stories and experience working in the Agile/Scrum development methodology
- You are able to produce wireframes to communicate expected feature interaction, as well as working with UX/UI designers to produce detailed designs
- You are experienced in managing and prioritising large sets of requirements and breaking these down into iterative steps focusing delivery on the most valuable step first
- You have a clear understanding of the software development lifecycle for how you would go from idea stage of a desired outcome through design and development to the delivered finished solution, with confidence in satisfying the stakeholders involved in the project
- You can demonstrate how you have driven process change when rolling out updated versions of software and followed through to ensure a successful implementation
- You have experience in using data to analyse user behaviour and product performance, ideally through high level UI driven tools e.g. Data Lake Analytics, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
Prior experience which would be helpful in the role:
- Financial Services, Financial Technology or SAAS experience
- Working within in a start-up, scaleup or corporate incubator, innovation hub
- A background in relevant B2B merchant services such as card acquiring, ecommerce payment gateways, ePOS systems, inventory systems or loyalty programmes
- Experience in working with offshore development teams
- Experience with bigdata visualisation for web or provisioning of data insights at scale
- Technical appreciation of modern software architecture
- Experience working with discovery and UX testing specialists
More about us
We at Pollinate think banks have the potential to do more, to be more, and to reclaim the central role in the lives of their business customers. So we are working side by side with them to deliver the technology to help merchants grow and create unforgettable payment experiences to customers. With big global banking clients already under our belt, from NatWest to National Australia Bank, we are growing rapidly, and we need talented people like you to join us on our journey.
As part of Pollinate, you’ll be working with experts across payments, technology, customer experience, and financial services, supported by a world-class network of partners. Workplace wellbeing and inclusivity is very important to us – this year, in addition to internal support, we rolled out the mental health platform, Unmind, company-wide to support each employee’s individual wellbeing journey.
Our platform has picked up multiple industry awards, including ‘Banking Innovation of the Year’ at the 2020 Future Digital Awards, and the ‘Innovation Frontier’ award at the Celent Model Bank 2020 Awards through our work with NatWest’s Payit. We’re also currently shortlisted in the Women in Tech Employer Awards 2020.
Join us to be a key part of a team that’s changing the future of payments, with the freedom to make your mark. Together, we’ll push the boundaries of what’s possible with payment enabled merchant services for SMEs around the world.
What we stand for
- We believe we are better together when we listen, engage and support each other, we want you to bring your expertise and experience to work every day
- We are passionate about what we are doing and want you to share this with us, enjoy your time with us, stay calm under pressure and bring positive energy to the team
- We are all on a journey together, we want your ambition and flexible mind set to embrace the twists and turns as we grow as a business
At the moment, and for the foreseeable future, this role will be 100% home based. We are in the process of developing a Future of Work at Pollinate strategy which will include hybrid working.
Pollinate offers great benefits including up to 20% bonus, Pension, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan, CSOP as well as flexible working hours and a weekly online Yoga class.
This Job Description covers the main areas of your responsibilities. It is not an exhaustive list.
We can only accept candidates who have the right to work in the UK.