Are you ready to step into the fast-paced world of fintech? We’re Pollinate. We combine the agility and flexibility of a high growth company with the global ambitions and backing of an established brand.
We are looking for a Technical Business Analyst to determine and develop user requirements for systems in production, to ensure maximum usability. Supporting the Product Owner, you will drive identification of detailed requirements from the business and identify substandard systems processes through evaluation of real-time data.
As a business analyst you will serve as a thought leader for technical business processes, developing forward-thinking system prototypes that promote increased efficiency and productivity across multiple levels. You shall create and implement precise management plans for the project, with attention to transparent communication at all levels whilst performing, evaluating, and communicating thorough quality assurance at every stage of systems development life cycle.
- Own internal and external documentation, initiate and deliver requirements and documentation
- Partner with other teams across different business units to develop necessary analysis and documentation in a collaborative way, communicating effectively and efficiently with production, managerial, and executive teams
- Evaluate, analyse, and communicate systems requirements on a continuing basis, and maintain systems processes
- Conduct daily systems analytics to maximize effectiveness and troubleshoot problems
- Develop meaningful and lasting relationships with partners for optimized systems integration, and respond to questions and concerns from managers and executives with supporting research and recommendations
What we are looking for
We are a dynamic and hard-working team. We expect you to be a BA who is comfortable working with our Product Owner and scrum teams, and you’ll understand and own the technical and data aspects of our stories. You’ll be someone that comes from a mix of start-up and corporate. You’ll be exceptional with digital and technical systems working with data projects that have delivered products and services in both B2B and B2C environments.
You will have:
- Experience working as a Digital/Technical Business Analyst within a digital or financial services organization as a team member in an agile context.
- Strong understanding of the needs and experience of external customers.
- Deep understanding of Data, can interpret data trends, apply data analytics and is able to design solutions around such data needs to enhance customer experience.
- Experience of relevant administration systems (JIRA & Confluence).
- Subject Matter Expertise on web technologies, data storage lifecycle, endpoint integration with internal and external sources.
- Detailed understanding of responsive web sites, IA/UX, prototyping, design, build and third-party integration.
- Exposure to a digital suite of systems such as CRM, CMS, Mobile Apps, Social Media and Ecommerce Experience of working with a recognised Agile or Iterative development methodology (e.g. Scrum, XP, DSDM).
- Experience of Agile documentation including Customer Journeys, Use Cases, User Stories, Acceptance Criteria etc.
- Experience of a variety of requirements elicitation techniques, (e.g. interviews, questionnaires, user observation, workshops, role playing and prototyping).
- Experience of analysis of both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Experience of the full project lifecycle and a good understanding of project roles and activities (technical and non-technical) required for successful delivery.
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive experience with web-based product development
- Highly proficient technical writing capabilities
- Excellent communicator with the ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Starter-finisher attitude to manage work
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- High energy and drive that suits a start-up environment
- Comfortable working outside of rigid structures and frameworks
- Effective working in ambiguous environments
More about us
We at Pollinate think banks have the potential to do more, to be more, and to reclaim the central role in the lives of their business customers. So we are working side by side with them to deliver the technology to help merchants grow and create unforgettable payment experiences to customers. With big global banking clients already under our belt, from NatWest to National Australia Bank, we are growing rapidly, and we need talented people like you to join us on our journey.
As part of Pollinate, you’ll be working with experts across payments, technology, customer experience, and financial services, supported by a world-class network of partners. Workplace wellbeing and inclusivity is very important to us – this year, in addition to internal support, we rolled out the mental health platform, Unmind, company-wide to support each employee’s individual wellbeing journey.
Our platform has picked up multiple industry awards, including ‘Banking Innovation of the Year’ at the 2020 Future Digital Awards, and the ‘Innovation Frontier’ award at the Celent Model Bank 2020 Awards through our work with NatWest’s Payit. We’re also currently shortlisted in the Women in Tech Employer Awards 2020.
Join us to be a key part of a team that’s changing the future of payments, with the freedom to make your mark. Together, we’ll push the boundaries of what’s possible with payment enabled merchant services for SMEs around the world.
What we stand for
- We believe we are better together when we listen, engage and support each other, we want you to bring your expertise and experience to work every day
- We are passionate about what we are doing and want you to share this with us, enjoy your time with us, stay calm under pressure and bring positive energy to the team
- We are all on a journey together, we want your ambition and flexible mind set to embrace the twists and turns as we grow as a business
At the moment, and for the foreseeable future, this role will be 100% home based. We are in the process of developing a Future of Work at Pollinate strategy which will include hybrid working.
Pollinate offers great benefits including up to 20% bonus, Pension, Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan, CSOP as well as flexible working hours and a weekly online Yoga class.
This Job Description covers the main areas of your responsibilities. It is not an exhaustive list.