BeZero Carbon offers an end-to-end decarbonisation service for a range of clients across operations and products. Our BeZero Carbon Rating is a top-down analysis of the voluntary carbon market that assesses the carbon efficacy of different offset projects. We are embarking on a stage of rapid development and roll-out of this product to market, including developing a ratings platform and listing the rating on exchanges and other venues.
This is a very exciting opportunity for an experienced data scientist to analyse carbon markets in an innovative and insightful way. The role involves working closely with our Carbon Scientists to scrape, transform and analyse data from a wide range of sources. We are looking to develop a wide range of tools for our customers to understand the carbon offset market, including developing the BeZero Carbon Rating framework. Data is a key tool for developing our offset market platform, enabling us to visualise our analysis and communicate it to clients.
- Work with our team of Carbon Scientists to analyse data
- Collaborate with back-end engineers to understand and inform the raw data being collected
- Collaborate with designers to create data visualisations for both external and internal customers
- Write standalone reports on the carbon offset market
- Contribute to the development of tools and indicators as products for our clients
- Preferably science-based or engineering experience, either professionally or education
- Experience with statistical software (Python, R).
- Experience scraping and transforming data.
- Work with document and relational databases (MongoBD, Postgres).
- Use of version control systems and agile methodologies (Git, Github).
- Some experience building machine learning models (TensorFlow, PyTorch)
Remote (within the UK) with an office in central London