BenevolentAI unites technology with human intelligence to re-engineer drug discovery and deliver life-changing medicines. We have developed the Benevolent Platform®, a drug discovery platform built on powerful data foundations with state of the art machine learning and AI technology. Our technology empowers scientists to decipher the vast and complex code underlying human biology, find new ways to treat disease and personalise medicines to patients. Benevolent has active in-house R&D drug programmes in disease areas such as neurodegeneration, immunology, oncology and inflammation and has research and commercial collaborations with leading pharmaceutical and research organisations. The company is headquartered in London with a research facility in Cambridge (UK) and a further office in New York.
Who we are
We are an eclectic bunch at Benevolent, united by our belief that innovative thinking and purposeful technology can truly change outcomes for the better. Our mission is to re-engineer drug discovery and deliver life-changing medicines for patients in need and we do this by applying AI, machine learning and other advanced technologies to reinvent the ways drugs are discovered and developed. We strive to bring together unique skills and perspectives across biology, chemistry, engineering, AI research, informatics, precision medicine and drug discovery.
The key duties for this role will be split between Office Management, Executive level assistance, Health & Safety and wider operational administration. You will report directly to the Head of Office Operations with overall responsibility for the management of our London office
- Oversee daily operational tasks in order to keep the office running smoothly, ensuring it is clean, organised and stocked as a great place for colleagues and visitors
- Manage the office layout and assist with future planning and office moves
- Implement and manage policies and procedures for optimal use of space, desk and capacity planning in collaboration with the People Team and Leadership
- Ensuring that the office continues to be a safe and legally compliant space both during any pandemic restrictions and beyond, supporting remote working and phased return to the office in line with government guidelines and company decisions.
- Manage all Business travel
- Negotiate and review contracts with external service providers, and be the primary point of contact for the execution of facilities maintenance (managing maintenance and cleaning service providers, warranties, etc.) making sure is the best decision for the business
- Manage all the facilities leases and contracts, ensuring landlord and tenant obligations are fulfilled
- Develop, design and implement office policies and procedures, partnering with the Head of Office Operations as necessary to achieve this
- Ensure security of the premises, staff and equipment
- Coordination of staff and 3rd party partners and suppliers where they are involved in project and service delivery
Health & Safety (for London Office)
- Create H&S policies and procedures, monitoring and ensuring compliance with H&S regulations in all the BenevolentAI office location and producing reports as needed
- Take ownership of all health and safety risk assessments - this will include DSE and any pregnancy risk assessments
- Arrange H&S induction courses for all colleagues
- Record any H&S related incidents and recommend appropriate remedial action
- Work with the person who owns business continuity plans to ensure that the London office procedures are updated and in line with your role as part of the Business Continuity Incident Management Team .
- Carry out your role as required in the event that the disaster recovery plan for the London office is triggered.
- Management of London office team
We are looking for someone with
- Previous experience and demonstrable success within an Office Management role
- Previous experience of supporting with administrative duties
- Exceptional communication skills to liaise with Executive Management and service providers
- Great problem solving, solution-based approach to work
- Ability to manage projects and multitask and prioritise work
- H&S, First Aid, Fire Safety qualified
- NEBOSH/IOSH qualification not essential but desirable
- Great attention to detail
- Well organised and excellent time management
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
- Approachable and able to build great relationships at all levels of the organisation
- Collaborates well with different teams on a daily basis and in project work
- Good systems skills, with proficiency using Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office packages
Together, we envision a world in which no disease goes untreated. If you are benevolent, curious, want to tackle real world problems and are willing to embrace new ideas, hit that ‘apply’ button and join us.