Senior Data Scientist
We’re looking to recruit a Data Scientist to build and enhance large scale batch and real-time data pipelines, processes and data management flows to maximise the value to the end patient/customer. You will be working in a team of talented Engineers and Data Scientists. Your main responsibility will be to write highly performant and scalable code that will run on top of our Data platform as well and mentor junior staff members.
- Develop and implement analysis strategies/numerical algorithms to answer specific business and research questions, and work with the rest of the team.
- Develop and implement custom algorithms including bayesian networks, state machines to provide deep insight into behaviour patterns for our users and patients.
- Develop metrics that summarize sensor data insights easily to be interpreted by a non technical audience.
- Develop numerical code to run on a single node machine-distributed cluster or GPU.
- Report on and explain analysis/algorithm outcomes and explain results in a non-technical way.
- Implement & maintain data analysis pipeline on distributed cloud based analytics platforms.
- Implement code for processing ‘Big Data’ using parallel distributed cluster architecture (PySpark/Hadoop).
- Ensure that the right data is fed into any analysis/algorithm and is suitably cleaned (and limitations of subsequent cleaning documented).
- Maintain code and outputs in shared directories (using Git or alternative).
- Obtain and analyse data, creating tables, graphs and visualisations to assist in demonstrating the key findings of the analysis/algorithm.
- Assist in reporting on analysis and research outputs to wider business and research communities as required.
- Collaborate with the research and product development areas of the business, feeding new findings to product leads leading to new features.
- To work alongside Research teams to build and refine predictive and explanatory models of diseases in a machine-learning environment.
- Ability to identify patterns in raw data as well as assess disease mechanisms from the research team.
- Ability to produce the most accurate, valid and robust models which the business can incorporate into our product, offering to improve the health and welfare of the end user.
Other General Responsibilities:
- Adhere to the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy in all activities, and to actively promote equality of opportunity wherever possible.
- To be responsible for your own health and safety and that of your colleagues, in accordance with the Health and Safety Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation.
- To adhere to the principles and duties of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or other relevant subject
Desired Technical Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in developing algorithms to solve complex problems.
- Strong knowledge of Statistics.
- Experienced in applying signal processing algorithms using frequency and statistical based methods.
- Good Knowledge and application of common machine learning algorithms (e.g. – linear/logistic regressions, SVM, Kmeans, cluster analysis, PCA and Bayesian Networks etc).
- Experience writing code/software for numerical analysis using Python (Numpy, Pandas, Scikit learn), Scala or R.
- Comfortable working with the Linux platform via the command shell using cloud computing facilities (e.g. – Amazon EC2 instances)
- Knowledge of Agile Project management processes.
- Able to extract unstructured data and structure it appropriately for machine learning.
Optional Technical Skills:
- Knowledge of the principles of a systems biology and pathophysiology/bio-systems engineering
- Experience and knowledge of the regulatory issues surrounding the use of personal data in machine learning.
- Knowledge (experience desirable or demonstration of a willingness to learn) of Big Data platforms. (e.g. – Hadoop / hdfs, spark)
MySense is a wellbeing analytics platform for the home. Working with private and public sector partners, we are improving the quality of lives for many. Our IoT sensors and artificial intelligence help people stay ahead of problems through data insight, bringing peace of mind and reassurance to families. Your work will have great value and purpose as we continue to lead a new industry and pioneer compassion through technology.
We foster a culture of openness and authenticity over structure and process. Strong communication, learning and collaboration are what we strive for and we are looking for people who share these values.
- 30 days holiday + your birthday + Public Holidays
- Fully remote
- Monthly education allowance
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance at 4 times annual salary
- Pension scheme
- Company laptop
We are set up to work fully remotely, and this is how we will continue to operate. We do have offices which can be used as and when required.
Check us out
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.