The way the world uses office space is rapidly changing. We provide the technology to facilitate that.
Companies waste more than £825 billion every year on under-utilised, inflexible offices that no longer serve the needs of their workforces… and that’s even before COVID.
Globally, businesses of all sizes are rapidly trying to move to more agile ways of using real estate, and Desana makes it really easy for them to do that.
Through a single platform we enable them to use their own real estate more flexibly, while giving their people seamless access to a global network of flexible workspaces to use on-demand. It’s as easy as booking an Uber… but paid for by your company.
We’re based between London, Edinburgh, and Stockholm. The role is remote but if you’re based in any of those it would be a cheeky bonus!
Being a small (but growing team) means that you'll have loads of influence and ownership over the responsibilities you hold in the company. You'll be working directly with the founders and a tight-knit team, having the chance to grow quickly in a fast-paced industry.
About the Job
We’re looking for a highly organised individual with excellent interpersonal skills to join our global Workspace Supply Team.
This role is crucial to providing a world-class workspace experience for our customers. The Workspace Supply Team is responsible for ensuring that there is enough supply in our network to meet customer demand anywhere in the world.
It’s a chance to have a huge impact in a rapidly scaling business that is fundamentally challenging the way companies think about workspace.
You'll be providing vital support to users of our product while helping to build our global network of workspaces.
- Finding, qualifying and reaching out to new workspace partners in cities all over the world.
- Scheduling and supporting demos to potential new partners.
- Assisting with presentations about Desana to potential new workspace partners.
- Identifying, surfacing, and addressing potential obstacles or barriers that may stop them from joining Desana.
- Crafting personalised value propositions and negotiating the actual terms.
- Listing new partners and tracking all steps of the process in the appropriate place.
- Maintaining relationships with partners after they've been onboarded.
- Supporting user booking, contacting workspaces when new bookings have been made or if there are any issues. Working to resolve booking issues if they arise.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organised and detail orientated.
- Confident in talking to operators from all over the world, getting to know their pain points and problems, and being able to articulate the benefits of Desana.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- You love to learn and continually develop yourself and your wider team.
- You enjoy having fun, work well with others and are a team player.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Fluency in another language is a plus.
Your career and progression are massively important to us.
That’s why we’re building complete career progression transparency—mapping salaries and company share options to every stage of your development—so that you know exactly how you can progress, and how much you’ll be paid when you achieve your goals. We also happen to be a leading company in one of the biggest market changes in history…
Salary and Progression
Pay and Share Options have always been a bit of a dark art 🔮
We strongly believe the dark needs some light. That’s why we’re building tools to facilitate complete salary transparency and progression paths so that you’ll always know how you can grow and what it will mean when you do. You can find that here.
It doesn't matter who you are and what your background is - so long as you have the right skills and are a great team player, we believe that you should be paid fairly and the same as everyone else at your level.
Based on our framework (which computes above average salaries for your role across a number of sources and applies factors to account for things like your experience, seniority and location), your salary for this role will be between £22,823 (Edinburgh) - £26,216 (London) depending on your experience and location.
Here’s what we have for your so far (but we want to add to our benefits all the time as we grow)
- Your salary
- Plus regular salary reviews measured against transparent, clearly defined milestones.
- With company performance related bonuses - when we do well, you do well.
- Not to mention Share Options in our company EMI Share scheme.
🤸🏽♂️ Flexible working hours
- We’re a company built around the idea of flexible working. We don’t just sell the dream, we live it.
- As long as you’re hitting your targets & covering your contracted hours we’re easy about when you work - it’s what works best for you.
- You’ll officially get 28 days in your contract.
- Unofficially, we’re pretty relaxed. If you’re doing a great job and not taking the mickey, who’s counting?
- We also take two weeks off at Christmas - which doesn’t come out of your allowance.
- Also, take your birthday off, no questions… just bring leftover cake when you’re back in.
🌎 Work Remotely
- You’ll get free access to the Desana app to work from wherever’s convenient or best for you.
- You also have the choice to work in our own offices.
- Or, if Amazon is dropping off a parcel, choose to work from home.
- Meaningful work with people who care.
- We work with you to set and achieve your business and personal goals.
- Friday afternoons are dedicated personal development - read, meet with mentors, listen to Podcasts, jump on YouTube - but there’s one catch; it has to be relevant to your role & we want to hear what you’ve been learning so we can all benefit and grow too.
- We’re also in the process of allocating personal budgets for books, training courses and conferences to everyone.
- We use SMART Pensions because they invest in passive Index Funds that are relatively low cost - meaning they should (note the emphasis on should) provide better returns than actively managed funds in the long term.
- We offer a 4% employer contribution (we pay you 100% of your salary, then 4% extra into your pension)
- You’ll need to pay 4% too, and you can opt to pay more (for the tax benefits)!
- We’ll automatically enrol you but you can choose to opt-out if you’d like.