Data Scientist / ML Engineer
Remote /OR/ onsite: Warsaw, Poland
Compensation & benefits
- Flexible work hours + remote-first culture
- 4+ weeks vacation per year
- Time-zones: GMT, GMT+1, GMT+2
Apply if you want to:
- Join a real tech startup
- Work on helping match individuals and teams for faster recruitment and happier workplaces
- Work alongside bright and curious people
- Work remotely (most of the time)
- Be challenged and stretched to learn and grow
- Impact from Day 1
Who we're looking for
We're looking for an experienced ML Engineer/Data Scientist with 3+ years of experience. You’re ideally a collaborative self-starter, comfortable with structured chaos and a discovery-heavy product development process with frequently changing requirements and features. You're excited about our "fail fast, iterate faster" approach.
About the role
You’ve got a ‘get shit done’ attitude and deep interests in learning and developing models that solve complex problems. You’ll be integral to our data science + psychometrics team, working closely with product engineering and our founders to deliver value to users around:
- Creating great matches between companies and job-seekers
- Making personalized recruitment better and automated
- Building models that support both sides of hiring - candidates and hiring managers alike
- Building a recommendation engine for job matching between teams and job-seekers, that can support a wide variety of personalization and use cases, in cooperation with psychometricians and the data science team.
- Developing classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning.
- Understanding objectives and taking advantage of modern machine learning and information retrieval techniques.
- Building and developing supervised and unsupervised ML models.
- Contribute to continuously improving team productivity, tools, and technology adoption.
- Using data and insights to inform your choices where good enough > perfect.
- 3+ years experience in applied Machine Learning.
- Strong coding experience in Python or similar.
- Solid knowledge of at least one of the following: recommendation systems, search engines, NLP, computer vision, predictive modeling using classical ML or Deep Learning.
- Experience with PyTorch, Tensorflow or other ML frameworks.
- Experience using analytical techniques such as segmentation, hypothesis testing, regression, and clustering.
- You’re a self-learner who can figure out the next 50% beyond
Nice to have
- MSc in CS, mathematics, statistics, physics or a similar field.
- Experience with ML transformers.
- Interest in psychology / culture / recruitment.
- Solid experience in statistical modeling techniques.
- Strong SQL skills.
How to Apply
Sounds like a good fit?
Email us !
We’re an early-stage startup out of Stanford University building software to help match job-seekers and career changers with teams not only based on their CV and skills, but also personality and culture fit. Our psychometrics+AI tools (psychological measurements of personality) are built on an open access platform to enable individuals to safely use our tools to get personalized feedback for personal growth purposes, as well as job matching.
Our team is:
- full of positive energy, kind and bright people motivated to build for a better future of work
- we have an open culture and enjoy working with geeks
- committed to working with integrity, caring for users and building products we’re proud of
- 7 folk distributed in California, London and Warsaw
- founders include a Stanford University Professor, Stanford alumnus and Bloomberg technologist, combining experience in occupational assessment, HR, ML, tech & growth in startups and big tech in Silicon Valley, the UK and Poland.