MyTutor is the UK’s leading online platform for one-to-one learning, and we're on a mission to improve the educational outcomes of thousands of young people. We’re building a future where access to high quality learning is stress-free for those who can afford it, and funded for those who can't.
One-to-one tuition is one of the most powerful ways to improve pupils’ grades, confidence and life chances. Yet it remains out of reach for many. Our handpicked community of tutors work online with students from all walks of life, raising results on average by one whole grade. Since the Covid-19 and all the disruption to education, we've worked with the government to provide safe and reliable tuition to more students than ever. We're proud to have worked with over 650 schools across the UK, and our tutors have given over a million lessons.
Since the pandemic, we've scaled up and kept a working environment that encourages collaboration and support. We always prioritise our team's development and wellbeing, remotely right now, and in an office again in the future. You can find your zen in team Yoga on Mondays, sweat it out at our Product Manager Jess's Bootcamp on Fridays (not for the faint-hearted) or get creative at Drink & Draw from our Content Manager Mariota. We have regular company socials and there are chances every week to sit down with someone for a cuppa and a chat. When it's legal, we're excited to get back to in-person socials too (landscape drawing in the park, anyone?).
The role in a nutshell:
MyTutor is currently going through an exciting period of growth, as we’re now supporting over 30,000 disadvantaged children to catch up on lost lockdown learning this year, through our involvement with the government’s National Tutoring Programme (NTP).
We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing MyTutor team. You’ll be an essential part of a product-engineering team of about 30 (and counting!). You’ll be responsible for working within one our multidisciplinary squads, but with a broader remit to make sure we are aligned across our delivery streams and collaborating closely with the wider business to ensure we continue to deliver exciting product initiatives.
What you can expect:
- Operating within your own squad to deliver against your shared objectives
- Coaching and mentoring team members and the wider business to apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques
- Helping optimise ways of working across the product engineering organisation
- Managing delivery of interdependent initiatives across squads
- Managing our agile and lean approaches
- Supporting communication between technical and non-technical workstreams
- Working to maintain delivery momentum, making the process work, planning, team dynamics & collaboration
- Stakeholder management
- Removing pain-points and trouble-shooting
- Helping evolve our understanding of the market and our competitors
- Shaping the cross squad strategy - with support from the wider business & leadership team
- Working closely with your teams to build, deliver, measure & learn at a fast pace
- Working alongside smart, friendly and supportive teammates