StorIQ (www.storiq.net) is a well-established and profitable retail tech company. We are the leading retail operations platform for retailers with 100 – 2,000 stores, and our software is used every day by global retailers in 22 languages across 55 countries. Our customers include Hugo Boss, M&S, BP and Superdry.
We have grown very quickly and expect to maintain growth of at least 40% per annum. We have a small, very smart, in-house dev team run by the Head of Development, working alongside a product manager and a scrum master. We operate the classic agile / scrum way with releases every 2 weeks. All our customers run on the same code base. Our roadmap is driven by talking with our customers and our own innovation. We are in this for the long term, so code quality, security and test coverage are important to us.
Working directly for the Head of Development, you will be responsible for delivering front-end aspect of our application. Responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, and testing the UI for our mobile-first web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Translating user and business needs into functional code with good UX
- Fixing bugs and collaborating with the support team to provide technical support for platform users
- Contributing to strategic design decisions
The role is full time, based in our Shoreditch office with great coffee and a pool table, even bean bags if you're into that kind of thing. We believe it’s important for collaboration to have everyone together, so at the moment we are working 3 days/week in the office and expect to increase this to 4 days/week.
Benefits include a company pension, 25 days’ holiday, training allowance, and the opportunity to participate in our share option scheme after 6 months’ employment.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 2+ years' experience in frontend development
- Experience with React, Typescript, and Webpack
- An intuitive eye as to what looks good, and good UX (and what doesn't!)
- A willingness to dive into the stack. Although we expect you to be a React developer first and foremost, you will still need to get your hands dirty with our backend Rails application!
- An interest in enterprise level software and in the role of technology in transforming business process – and the aptitude to build a solid understanding of the StorIQ product.
- Eligibility to work in the U.K; 1st or 2:1 degree and an A* or A in maths at A-level