Cats are undeniably champions of the Internet. They're cute, hilarious, and can be jerks, so honestly what's not to love? But, while they've been getting the recognition they deserve online, they've been left by the wayside in the pet food industry, with legacy FMCG companies opting to offer variations of dog food for them rather than providing food formulated for their dietary needs – did you know they're obligate carnivores, so a high meat diet is a biological necessity?
Why you’ll love working with us
Simply put, we're putting cats and their people first.
Giving cats the best possible Fresh cat food, as well as world-first personalised health and wellness initiatives, we're dedicated to helping all cats live their best nine lives.
We aim to give cat people a seamless and engaging online experience, balancing Fresh branded content and functional messaging, backed by science. We take world-class scientific knowledge from our board certified vet nutritionist, a nutrition scientist, a couple of in-house vets, and turn it all into bite-sized and delightful content that people can’t get enough of … a bit like our meals for cats. We’re a small team of cat enthusiasts that celebrates both wins and losses equally (we’re only human), our open office allows for ease of communication and collaboration, our popcorn machine is our current hot topic of discussion, we can guarantee there will be a cat on your desk at some point, and we all genuinely love what we do.
Where you fits, you sits
Have you ever thought to yourself, “I would love to work for a brand that celebrates my ideas, a place where I have a voice and creative control, a place where I can push my creative limits and see my work go live again and again with pride?”
If that very specific dialogue has ever crossed your mind, then you’re in luck, talented copywriter!
Possibly the most exciting time to be joining our Club – with our recent rebrand underway, we are eager to grow our creative department … starting with you! You’ll be responsible for writing engaging, uplifting and important stories for our brilliant customers to enjoy - from short and snappy paid advert copy, to longer form blog content.
This is a hands-on role and your ownership includes:
- Developing and protecting our Tone of Voice
- Writing excellent words for customer marketing (emails, events, marketing material, blogs) and our digital channels (search engine marketing, paid and organic social, website UX)
- Constantly bringing Fresh concepts and ideas to the table that are not just word-focused, but visually led to
- Proofreading and having an eye on the detail with a focus on good grammar
- Organising and managing your own time & meeting deadlines weekly
- Working with our small team of incredible minds to bring our brand to life
- Bringing a great attitude to work every single day
Who you are:
- You have a natural talent for writing clear, concise and grammatically flawless copy for marketing channels like email, digital, and printed collateral
- You possess a Fresh, witty, bold mind and way of writing, easily transitioning between big creative campaign work and harder working short messaging and callout
- You’re empathetic and kind - you can easily put yourself in the shoes of the cat person you are writing copy for and understand that cats are family
- You are organised and can work at pace and thrive under tight deadlines
- You've got hustle, get your hands dirty and you're not afraid to try new things
- You’re passionate about beautiful, thoughtful and engaging copy and creative
- You can work independently and also collaborate well in a team
- You have a portfolio of work that shows off your word skills - everything from short and snappy to longer form content
- Integrity, transparency and directness are non-negotiable values to you
Nice to haves:
- You've previously worked in a D2C startup or have experience on B2C brands
- Have an understanding of performance-based advertising
- Experience of working to Tone of Voice guidelines and creating these yourself
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and a new MacBook
- Career defining opportunity in being instrumental to scaling our brand, fast
- Opportunity to build your experience across a range brand touchpoints
- Real ownership and the freedom to try out new, sometimes crazy ideas
- No egos and a small close-knit team
- 25 days holiday every year and your birthday off
- 4 week WFA (work from anywhere) policy
- Discount for KatKin fresh meals
- Free popcorn, all the tea and coffee you can drink, fresh fruit, great banter and a cat (and dog) friendly office
Send your CV and very brief sentences on the below questions to email@example.com
Please include a link to your creative portfolio.
- Tell us about a time you hustled in order to get something done
- What are your blind spots as told by the person who knows you best
- Tell us anything about the pet food space you find interesting
- Which DTC brand has delighted you the most and what did they do
- Which piece of work are you most proud of and why?
- Tell us your favourite thing about your cat(s)? (Bonus if plural!)
You can also find this role on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2570418544/