We are an innovative company bringing the rigour of inter-disciplinary research to solve complex societal problems. If these are the kinds of challenges you find inspiring, and you have a passion for solving problems that make a real and positive impact in the world, come talk to us.
We are seeking to engage a Cloud Operations Manager to support public sector client-funded innovation development work within different SaaS product offerings. We have an exciting opportunity for a Cloud Operations Manager with around 3-5 years of experience in cloud technology. While our work is exciting from a technical standpoint, it is also something you can be proud to contribute to – as we work to address important complex societal problems through the use of data-driven analysis and decision making.
Trilateral Research is focused on solving challenging societal problems facing the world, with Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Trilateral aims to develop and productionise AWS-SaaS products for public sector clients.
Please note: This role requires enhanced police and security vetting; which requires a minimum of 3 years UK residence, a criminal records check, and a right to work in the UK check. Please ensure you meet the residence requirement prior to applying. Any candidate who is invited for interview must complete a residence and criminal records declaration and produce evidence of right to work in the UK.
The primary responsibilities and expectations of this role include:
- Design, architect and deploy secure and robust applications on AWS IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
- Design and deploy infrastructure as code using Terraform code, templates, and automation techniques
- Be able to supervise technical staff, providing line management and technical expertise to contribute to the development and delivery of cloud-based solutions for our public-sector clients
- Identify the suitability of different AWS services for specific technical use-cases in Products and Projects development
- Able to design and manage all of our AWS Cloud platforms conforming to all the principles outlines in AWS Well-Architected Framework.
- Proven expertise in building applications on the cloud and deploying them into AWS. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience with AWS tools, deployment and management services and be able to identify and define technical requirements for an AWS-based cloud solutions environment
- Good understanding of Data Warehouse and Data Lake, ETL/ELT frameworks, Cloud Data governance, SQL/NoSQL databases, Cloud security, and cloud-based service delivery models
- Good understanding and experiences in designing and deploying different AWS Security suites such as: AWS IAM, Control Tower, Inspector, Macie, Firewall manager, Certificate manager, and Security hub
- Good understanding of cloud networking technologies; TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS
- Hands-on experience designing cost-efficient, fault-tolerant, and scalable systems on AWS
- Experience with container clustering technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and the Open Container Initiative
- Able to recommend best practices for building secure and reliable applications on AWS
- Experience with application build automation processes, and tools with Continuous integration (CI) and Continuous delivery (CD) capabilities
- Gather and organise product feedback and feature requests from clients to help advance product and roadmap
- Provide relevant support to Product Managers, Technical development teams and stakeholders
Basic Qualifications required for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree / Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, related Software Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect / AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner (either of these are highly desirable)
- 3-5 years’ experience in cloud solutions
- Good working knowledge of any of the following: Python, Java, SQL
- Experience with version control tools (e.g., Git, Gitlab, Bitbucket)
- Ability to present to a mix of technical and non-technical audiences/ public sector audiences
- Ability to simplify technology concepts and explain them to non-technical audiences / public sector audiences
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Be self-driven and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or messy data.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience in a public sector client engagement capacity (highly desirable)
Location: UK Nationwide
Salary: Commensurate with experience (£60,000 - £70,000)
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Fixed Term or Permanent
In return, you get ...
- A competitive salary
- Flexible working hours / remote working options
- Competitive pension scheme
- A positive and supportive environment
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of their age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We are a Disability Confident committed and Living Wage employer.
To Apply: Please submit both your CV and a cover letter to, linking your experience to our requirements in order to have your application considered. All appointments are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references.
All applications should be marked specifically as “Application for Cloud Operations Manager” in the subject email. We will process applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
At Trilateral Research, we value privacy and data protection rights. We have a longstanding data protection culture and promote robust ethical standards in data management and research ethics. Please read our Privacy Notice in relation to our recruitment activities before submitting your application to work with us.
For any questions about your personal data, feel free to contact us