Sumus Product Designer (UI/UX)
About Sumus (Evolve Tech Group)
We are a London based startup aiming to enable the 4.6 billion internet users across the world to monetise their data.
Our vision is to build a new and innovative app that brings together social media and e-commerce in a way that helps our Users build deeper connections to their favourite brands whilst also empowering them to monetise their own data and app activity!
We are looking for a Product Designer with a strong passion for creating great UI/UX designs as we build out our Product Team. This team will play a central role in designing and shaping our technology product (app) which will be the cornerstone of our business and critical to its success.
We are looking for:
- Motivated self starters who are passionate about Technology, Product and Design.
- Enthusiastic about working in startups
- Problem-solving focused and with a growth mindset
- Looking to gain entrepreneurial experience in an intense but equally rewarding startup environment.
Join us if you are excited about the prospect of working on challenging problems, in a fast-paced environment, to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
This role will be a great opportunity to learn, expand your network and help accelerate your career.
Sumus is committed to supporting candidates from all backgrounds. We understand that no candidate is perfect. We expect candidates to approach any lack of experience or knowledge in any area, with a growth mindset. We can be flexible over how we work together but our primary focus at this early stage is towards growth and executing.
- You will work directly with the CTO and founding team to translate our product vision and requirements into product designs.
- You will own the front end design and influence key front end design decisions, including creating wireframes, design mockups and a great UI/UX for our product.
- You will have considerable creative freedom to apply your design skills to help us better understand important design considerations, with the ultimate goal to develop an intuitive UI/UX that our Users will love and use with ease.
- You will also apply your skills and creativity to support Sumus’ wider team, including adding design flare and polish to our fundraising materials.
- As we grow, you will help us iterate and change our product as part of a larger product team. This would include analyzing feedback from users to better understand design changes and areas needing improvement.
- Experience with Product Design/ UI Design / UX Design.
- Experience using Figma / InVision / Adobe XD.
- Experience creating wireframes and mockups. (preferably for Mobile Apps)
- Experience working in an early stage startup.
- Experience executing design into a technology product (app) as part of a wider team.
- Experience collaborating with Product Teams.
- Experience working on Projects with deliverables and tight deadlines.
What would make good Candidates:
- Believe in our vision: helping our Users build deeper connections to their favourite brands and empower them to monetise their own data and app activity.
- Share our vision for building a great technology product and to help design a truly innovative app and help take it to market.
- Desire to work in startup environments, and can explain why they are motivated to work in this environment over other business environments.
- Eager to work on challenging problems and willing to roll up your sleeves and support the wider business.
- Approaching new problems and new experiences with curiosity, the attitude to try new things to learn and grow, with our support and as part of a team.
- The ability to understand complex ideas, communicate them in a clear and concise way, and be able to actively respond to focused questions directly.
- Strong desire to develop and hone their skill set and entrepreneurial experience.