The typical salon booking experience hasn’t changed since the 1960s. At Slick, we are building a booking platform for the 21st century. With our partners at L’Oréal and Founders Factory, we are on a mission to change the way the UK hair & beauty salon industry works and change the booking experience for millions of clients. We are looking for people to join us on this journey! We've recently raised a significant seed round and are growing quickly!
Are you passionate about technology, beauty and customers?
Are you customer focused with a desire to help & support?
Do you strive for success every day?
We’re looking for an effervescent, people-person who can jump straight into our Growth & Account Management team at Slick. Your role is critical to our business! By building relationships with your accounts you will maximise feature usage and the associated revenue uplift as well as ensuring high customer satisfaction With day to day support handled by our Customer Support team, the Customer Growth role is to conduct regular ‘Account Review’ sessions with your accounts. You will be there to launch new features and answer their questions. As the management team’s eyes and ears, you play a critical role in feeding back to the product team their feature requests and customer needs. The Slick business model is based around multiple paid add-ons and in order to maximise company revenue, we need as many customers as possible to be using these paid add-ons. This ‘upsell’ is a critical part of the role. Working to quarterly priorities & targets set alongside the COO, you will use live data to monitor your account base and identify revenue opportunities. As the Customer Growth Executive you are also responsible for identifying and mitigating any churn risk by ensuring all your accounts feel supported and trained on Slick. You will need to know salons and the product like the back of your hand and be able to talk confidently about the impact Slick can have on a business. Don’t worry, full training is provided when you start!
You are the wearer of many hats: training, support, feature sales, churn management, product feedback. It’s a varied role where no two days are the same!
- Relationships: salon owners are people people! We need you to build relationships with our customers so they come to trust you and look at you as a business and industry expert.
- Feature upsell: Slick is built around a business model of a low monthly subscription and additional paid feature add-ons. We need to drive feature penetration to maximise revenue. You are critical to our business success. You will work with your accounts to understand their business and use data and insights to upsell them into new paid features.
- New Features: we have an exciting roadmap of new features. It is vital our customers are confident in using these new features so a major part of the role will be increasing awareness of new launches.
- Churn management: by building up relationships and using live data, you will proactively identify any accounts that are at risk of leaving Slick. You will be responsible for minimising any churn from your accounts through a combination of training and financial support as well as cascading any feature needs to the Product Team.
- Product expert: your accounts will see you as the product expert. You will need to understand every feature and every benefit they bring to make compelling arguments to up-sell and encourage feature adoption. You will need to build case studies from other customers to use as reference points and be able to clearly and concisely explain business and consumer benefits.
- Salon expert: your accounts will also see you as the industry expert. “What are other salons doing?” “How do they deal with no-shows?”. You will need to understand market and consumer trends to be able to advise salons on their business and how to use the Slick product to grow.
- Voice of the customer: alongside the Customer Support team you will represent the Customer in all product and feature development discussions. We rely on you to know what to improve, what to build and what not to build. Your understanding of what our customers need and want is key.
- Teamwork: alongside the Customer Support team, you are an integral part of our customer-first mindset. It is vital that we collaborate to feedback insights into Management and Product to help us improve and grow.
What do we need you to do?
- Understand and be passionate about the hair and beauty industry and our mission to help simplify the lives of salon owners and stylists.
- Get under the skin of what salons need & how we can help them.
- Be resilient. We are here to support our customers so we need to be prepared to go the extra mile even when they don’t want to speak to you!
- Know our product and be confident in selling its benefits.
- Get analytical. We have data that will help you analyse opportunities and risks, you will need to use this to excel.
- Account spend per month vs target
- % feature penetration
- Account reviews completed
- Monthly churn (%)
- NPS (Net Promoter Score)
Qualifications / Experience
- Account Management: you have experience managing customers either in-person or over the phone. From dealing with enquiries, complaints or feedback; you can quickly build rapport and trust.
- Sales: you are comfortable selling to customers and using your expertise to handle objections and showcase product benefits.
- Industry: industry experience is preferable. It is vital you are passionate about the beauty industry / consumer trends and are highly motivated for success in everything you do.
There is no single profile that we look for. Energy, hunger to learn and a proactive customer-first attitude are key. If you have some of the below experience then you’ll stand out from the crowd.
- Gift of the gab: changing mindsets requires an articulate speaker who can think on their feet to handle objections and open up opportunities. It’s a people industry and salons love to chat. You need to build relationships whilst ensuring you meet your objectives,
- Customer-focus: we need you to go the extra mile to help and support customers.
- Feel comfortable and/or experience with cold calling
- Resilience: can you deal with customers saying “No, not for me”? Will being told that “Now’s not the right time” frustrate you? Or do you have the resilience to pursue leads and win them over. Transforming an industry doesn’t happen easily but when it does it’s immensely rewarding.
- Data: you will need to use data to your advantage to spot risks and opportunities. Being adept at analysing data and using Google sheets / excel is vital to excel in this role.
- Fun: No grey suits here! We are a young dynamic team and it’s a fun, creative industry so let’s enjoy work and have a good time.
- £20,000-£25,000 per annum depending on experience
- Monthly team targets and bonus opportunities.
- Company pension
- Opportunity to shape a company, product and strategy. We like people with ideas and passion!
- Young, fun company
- Shared working space in central london (3 days a week) / home based with flexible working policy
- 25 days annual leave.