Operations & Programme Delivery Manager
AirEx is looking for a talented Operations & Programme Delivery Manager with experience in the energy efficiency / retrofit delivery, to join our mission to tackle Fuel Poverty and Climate Change.
AirEx is a rapidly growing energy efficiency start-up, designing and manufacturing the UK’s first smart air brick technology, helping householders reduce their energy bills without compromising air quality. We are looking to hire an exceptional Operations & Programme Delivery Manager to execute the company’s business mission by leading the delivery of our rollout programmes.
Climate change is the biggest challenge of our lifetime and this is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on this problem in one of the fastest growing areas of cleantech. AirEx’s mission is to lift millions of households out of fuel poverty and reduce the UK’s carbon emission with an affordable solution for the mass market. With our recent Ofgem approval under the ECO (Energy Company Obligation) scheme, AirEx is now entering an exciting new phase with ever increasing demand from social landlords, energy companies and retrofit installers. Your role will therefore be absolutely crucial in scaling the business.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leading, supporting and supervising AirEx’s retrofit deployment projects, to ensure delivery targets are met within budget and timeline
- Responsible for the end-to-end training programme for retrofit installers / contractors by providing them on-site and remote training and technical support
- Reporting and monitoring progress against deliverables and managing internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Local Authorities, energy companies)
- Working closely with the Site Operations Lead to co-ordinate and oversee the resident recruitment activities across various UK regions. This support may also include visits to residents across the UK
- Handling inquiries from Local Authority partners and from participating residents regarding the Company’s products, services and programmes
- Identifying new supply chain leads (e.g. installers, contractors) via existing relationships from the retrofit energy efficiency sector, or reaching out to new supply chain partners
- Supporting the supply chain / logistics activities - including warehousing and shipping
- Working with the company’s founders to identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services/products, including capturing requirements from the market
- A minimum of 5 years operational management / leadership roles from the energy efficiency industry (e.g. Head of Operations, Site Operations Manager, or equivalent)
- Experience of carrying out retrofit works in a domestic setting and working with domestic refurbishment clients
- An understanding of the principles of energy efficiency and the potential consequences of retrofit energy efficiency measures
- Ideally, you will have your Retrofit Coordinator qualification or be working towards it. If not yet, you have the desire to gain this qualification - fully supported by us
- It would be highly advantageous if you have experience from the Energy Efficiency / Construction industry or from an installer role, particularly previous experience with ECO delivery programmes
- Experience in delivering training
- You have a full, clean driving licence and are willing to be mobilised (UK-wide) when needed
The ideal Candidate will be passionate about the cleantech and energy efficiency industry, eager to work in a start-up and happy to roll up their sleeves and take on anything that comes their way.
- You are ambitious, resilient and results-driven, with a “Getting-Things-Done” mindset
- You are a motivated self-starter, proactive and hands-on, keen to work to fix issues quickly
- You have strong stakeholder management skills with proven track record of delivering retrofit schemes
- You are articulate both verbally and in writing
- You are keen to grow and develop with the company and are capable of taking on greater responsibility as the business grows
- You are naturally collaborative in your approach and able to inspire others
- You have a passion for start-ups and are interested in cleantech / energy efficiency industry
AirEx is a spin-out company from Sustainable Ventures; an incubator/VC that works with investors, entrepreneurial managers, corporate partners and public sector bodies to originate, build, grow, and exit sustainable businesses. SV’s portfolio companies benefit from the on-going support of the Sustainable Ventures management team who have already established 14 low carbon ventures, attracting over £250m in equity commitments. Furthermore, AirEx is located at Europe’s largest sustainable start-up hub, Sustainable Workspaces; a shared office space with over 600 members across 50+ cleantech start-ups.
- £38k - £48k (depending on experience) + discretionary bonus
- Becoming part of a rapidly growing start-up operating in an exciting sector
- The opportunity to work on a product that will improve the lives of millions of people
- Managing your own work and enjoying plenty of freedom as part of a small, tight-knit team
- Flexible working: combination of home-based/on-site/office-based work (London HQ)
- An exciting, problem-solving and dynamic atmosphere, a flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people
At AirEx we embrace diversity. To excel in our interdisciplinary work we need a team that can view problems from many perspectives. We are committed to hiring the best talents regardless of age, disability, gender, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or social background.
Please get in touch with us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org