[Batelle in 4 words: resilient, kind, ambitious, non-dogmatic]
We’re looking for someone who cares about substance.
We teach parents how to put their children to bed in 5 minutes or less and sleep through the night, in two weeks. Guaranteed. Children’s sleep is perhaps the most universal problem parents have. We are a 1 year old company currently on a $2mm run rate and expect to get to $10mm in the next 12 months and have pretty incredible unit economics. Currently we have a ~95% success rate, have proven out a 0:9 referral rate, an NPS of 9.5 and a community of parents who would go to war with us. What we don’t yet have, is a credible digital presence.
It's not just about babies’ sleep. Nobel Laureate and Economist James Heckman has shown that interventions in early childhood education have a higher return on investment than higher education due to compounding effects. Our ambition is to own the early childhood development space, starting with the quantifiable outcome of sleep.
Who you are
We are looking for an entrepreneurial marketer who deeply understands people and their motivations. The problem is complex:
- The pain point for families is real. It has a profound impact on health and wellbeing.
- We offer a complete solution. It is reassuringly expensive and comes with a money-back guarantee of measurable results.
- Our customer demographic suggests this is treated as a necessity not a luxury purchase.
- Our current product marketing doesn’t properly articulate the value: consistent feedback from parents who finish Sleep School is that they would have paid double had they known the true value of the experience beforehand. [Almost every parent who has a second child enrolls them in Sleep School as well].
- We are a B2C product but have a B2B-type lead generation funnel. Lead quality matters.
- ~80% of parents have some kind of issue with their child’s sleep. Most don’t realise it’s a solvable problem. Educating and nurturing leads is crucial.
- The earlier parents invest in a child’s education, the higher the ROI. This is not yet well understood by the mainstream. Sleep is the gateway to this early childhood development.
The right candidate will seek first to understand and then to test those hypotheses.
- Understand who we are and who we are not but most importantly understand the tradeoffs.
- Understand our customer. What does it mean to be a Batelle parent? What part of their identity are we speaking to?
- Understand who is not our customer. Is this a necessary trade-off or a missed opportunity?
- Develop a lead nurture stream strategy across top, middle and bottom of the funnel
- Work with the Operations team to set up advocacy nurturing campaigns for existing customers
- Craft compelling and consistent messages to be used marketing channels (landing pages, ad campaigns, email marketing, social media)
- Be unyielding in positioning us as the authority on early childhood development
- Clean up our customer record so that we have a single source of truth for customer data - this will be relied on by sales, serving and product teams
- Work with the sales team to create sales enablement materials
- Report on results as well as insights - the more we collectively can learn about our customers, the better we will do
- An excellent communicator - both written and verbal
- Coachable with an ability to progress from feedback
- Unapologetically ambitious
- An entrepreneur at heart who is comfortable with risk and able to approach complex problems in a thoughtful way
- Adaptable and non-dogmatic
- A tester who is unafraid of failure
- Very competitive salary.
- Significant options in the business.
- Opportunity to grow, progress and shape the early childhood education space.