Bloom & Wild is re-inventing the $60B global flower industry. Over a billion flower exchanges take place every year and industry satisfaction levels are low. Driven by our core belief that you can never care too much or be too thoughtful, we do things a little differently. From inventing letterbox flowers to founding The Thoughtful Marketing Movement. And we’ve seen impressive traction to date - we are the world’s leading and most loved flower and gifting platform, growing at 100% year on year (and we’ve been extremely fortunate to see growth remain strong during the pandemic).
2021 has already been an exciting year for us, in January we announced our £75 million Series D funding round, led by General Catalyst (backers of Airbnb and Deliveroo), with participation from multiple other top tier investors including Index Ventures (who have also backed companies such as Transferwise and Glossier). More recently in April we announced the acquisition of the Dutch online flower business bloomon, together creating Europe's leading online flower delivery company, active across 8 countries.
We really care about creating a diverse and inclusive team - so we welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us. In our team, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team. We have been named one of the 5 fastest growing tech companies in Europe and are alumni of Tech Nation’s Future Fifty. We were also one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For 2020
The role and ways of working
We are looking for a Senior Trading Associate to join our German country team. Reporting to our General Manager for Germany & Austria and working very closely with our central teams, especially Operations, Marketing and Range, you will own the weekly forecasting and planning and ensure the right balance between commercials, on-trend product mix, waste and warehouse capacity. You will also be responsible for developing effective strategies to optimize product positioning across manually and automated pages.
- Full ownership of stock forecasting (weekly and long term 6-week forecast) to meet customer demand and limit stock wastage.
- Gather data inputs from across the business (Ops, Marketing, Range, Data Science, DE team) to feed into our existing set of forecasting tools.
- Support our data and tech teams with automating the forecasting process.
- Full ownership of stock management to ensure we meet trading targets and reduce waste in our own warehouse.
- Monitor internal sales data and reporting to spot issues or opportunities.
- Liaise with marketing teams and local DE team to understand live trading performance and analyse impact on stock position.
- Make merchandising decsisions to rebalance stock positions and ensure sell out in our warehouse.
- Communicate live merchandising updates across the team on a regular basis. Manage our 3rd party marketplaces.
- Peak Management: Support in the planning, project management and execution of German & Austrian peaks (Christmas, Valentine’s Day & Mother’s Day).
- Strong German language skills (B2 or above).
- Previous experience (internship or full-time role) at a consulting, banking or high-growth startup or in an analytical role is preferable.
- Strong analytical skills - a data-driven decision maker who is comfortable analysing data and deriving insights in Excel, through detailed model-building in particular.
- Process-driven with a sharp attention to detail - you own the details and take care in your work so that you deliver to a consistently excellent standard.
- Communication & relationship management - you have excellent communication skills and are able to work with a range of different stakeholders.
- Proactive - you take responsibility to get things done and are willing to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in yourself whenever needed.
- A multi-tasker - you thrive in a busy, high-pressure environment and are able to multitask and reprioritise tasks on the fly.
- Positive attitude - you’re excited about problem solving with others in a fun and dynamic team.
- Customer empathy - you put customers first, seek to understand what works for them and champion them in your decision making.
- Innovative - you enjoy figuring out new tech, testing, learning and trying new things.
- Previous experience in Google Analytics is preferable.
Currently our full team is working from home and adapting quickly to being totally remote. We pride ourselves in fulfilling our Work From Home Promise - here
In addition to our normal perks and benefits we’re supporting each other and maintaining our culture remotely through:
- Twice weekly online yoga class and access to ClassPass workout content
- Birthdays, anniversaries, and special occasions celebrated with the team
- Virtual Stand Up for weekly company updates, and Virtual Monthly Meeting to celebrate our successes and value nominations
- Remote lunch and learns
- Wellbeing support through online coaching sessions and employee assistance program, talking about challenges that we are facing in the current environment
- New slack channels and ways of creating community remotely
We apply our five key values of delight, customer first, care, innovation and pride in our day to day activities (find out more here) and reward those who are encompassing them exceptionally. Everyone is friendly and sociable, with regular company-wide events.
Return to work and our new normal
The safety and wellbeing of our team is our primary concern during this period and our return to our beautiful, flower filled office will be gradual, considered and only when our team feels safe to do so.
Whilst recognising that some of our team will prefer to work in our office, this period has proven that our team can embrace remote work extremely successfully and our plan moving forward is to find ways of continuing to incorporate remote work into our ways of working.
In accordance to government guidelines:
- We do not plan to fully open the office back up until at least the 21st of June. The office will be open for people to use it as much or as little as they’d like.
- We will continue not to expect people to come in as a norm, but managers may ask team members to come in for specific reasons with plenty of notice (unless you are a fully remote team member)
- Bloom & Wild has no expectation that team members will need to come into the office 5 days per week again!
When we’re in the office:
Our lovely, light and spacious office is conveniently located close to Vauxhall and Oval stations in London. We have an informal, startup culture, with employee-friendly policies such as:
- 25 days holiday, with an additional day off for your birthday, plus bank holidays, totalling 34 days, per annum. There is also the option to buy an extra 5 days holiday
- Flexible working schedule (core hours from 10-4)
- We offer flexible bank holidays so at any time you can make a bank holiday day-off trade and in its place take off another day that fits better with your beliefs, values and celebration calendar.
- Choose your laptop and any extra equipment you need to do your best work
- Free breakfast, snacks and team lunches
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare Vouchers
- Health cash plan through Simplyhealth
- Personal Development Budget
- Family Friendly Policy - including enhanced family friendly packages and a salary sacrifice childcare scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lunch & Learns
- Discounted blooms
- Bloom & Go Wild trips - most recently we went to Paris!
See more on what it’s like to work at Bloom & Wild here.
Our Recruitment Process
Given the current situation in the UK due to COVID-19 the interview process will be conducted remotely. This will involve an initial chat with our Talent team, followed by interviews with the German country team, Ops team as well as Range team. The interview process will also include an Excel based case study.
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and would love to hear from you directly on how we can improve. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know here.