We delve into the improvements we can make in areas such as raw materials, production, packaging and transportation. Every single one of our products in our collection is made with sustainably sourced materials and we have purposefully kept part of our production within the UK on a ‘made to order’ model to minimize production and transportation costs.
We are very proud of our workshops and friendly staff - great products and people are what make us special. Together we can rise to the environmental challenges that we all now face.
We were one of the first furniture makers in the UK to have chain of custody certification from the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC) and the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
Furniture should last a lifetime
Our main point is that cleverly designed and well-made furniture- which can be refurbished over time – is the best form of sustainable design available to us in the industry at the moment.
Furniture should - and will - last a lifetime if we cherish made and give it an opportunity to age with us. We need to reassess our throw away culture with a focus on repairing not replacing to try and make design that is good from concept to construction.
About the role
We are looking for a part-time Marketing Intern/freelancer (3 days/week) to join our team
from late May 2021. You will be supporting the Head of Marketing to handle all aspects of
planned marketing activities in the UK market.
● Work with Head of Marketing to design social media strategy and best practices
● Manage social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn) and
editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
● Create engaging blog and social media content for the British market
● Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
● Identify leaders and influencers and engage them in brand activities
● Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
● Assist in the general distribution of press releases and media alerts
● Assist in marketing email campaigns
● Supporting the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
You'll need to:
● Exceptional English written and verbal communication skills
● Familiar with social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
● Solid understanding of how social media works : how to use social media outlets to
create a buzz or spotlight a product
● In-depth knowledge of UK customers towards e-commerce
● Creative writer with a meticulous eye for detail
● A keen sense for what makes compelling news especially in furniture & home decor
● Experience with marketing design tool like Canva preferred
● Be a self starter and have ownership to work in a star-up company
● Can-do attitude, open minded and eager to learn
● Have a personality of patience, empathy and attentiveness
● Be available to work at least 5 months
● Previous digital marketing experience is preferred.
You will gain:
● Flexible working environment: work from home
● Working in a dynamic and fast-growing tech startup
● A friendly, fun and ambitious team
● Competitive intern salary
● This role has potential to develop into a permanent role.