MyPlayer is a dynamic and fast-moving business where only what you do counts. At MyPlayer we're leading the digital revolution of highstreet retail, working with the largest brands around the world to bring their products to life in-store.
Developers of all disciplines are responsible for delivering software and services that meet the needs of the company and our customers. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
What you'll do:
- Developing the latest user-facing features using React.js
- Designing a modern highly responsive web-based user interface
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Learn and understand user interactions
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Coordinating with various teams working on distinct layers
- As a React.js Developer, you will be involved from conception to completion with projects that are technologically sound and aesthetically impressive
- 3+ years of commercial development experience
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Prior experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Understanding of how to profile and improve rendering of React applications
- Knowledge of communicating with, and structure of, RESTful APIs
- Confidence in creating beautiful UIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as OAuth 2.0 and JSON Web Tokens
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Google’s Firebase or Cloud Firestore is a plus
- Experience in writing Google Cloud Functions or similar is a plus
- Experience working in an agile environment
- You are able to work under pressure to achieve goals for major product launch events
- Knowledge and experience with CI pipelines such as GitLab/Bitrise/Jenkins etc. is a plus
- Team player
- Excellent time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
What's it like to work at MyPlayer
People are the heart of our business. We want you to enjoy and challenge yourself, and help us grow MyPlayer into a global brand. We've created a culture where your job description is a starting point, not an end goal. Our working style is fast, fluid and authentic - if you've got the drive to push yourself and love technology, you'll have our support.
If this sounds like the place for you - give us a shout!