Ready to change the future of transportation?
Ito World solves transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travelers everyday... probably even you. Interested in joining us?
We’re interested in talented, curious people who love data as much as we do.
What we do
At Ito World, we solve transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators.
Our clients include Google, Apple, Microsoft and public sector organisations such as the Department of Transport and Transport for West Midlands.
Building on a sustained period of growth, we're looking to expand our team with a customer facing and technically skilled Solutions Engineer to help support our next phase of growth, domestically and Internationally.
As a member of Ito’s growing commercial team and reporting to the Commercial Director, you will play a pivotal role working alongside our business development, product and engineering teams. You will be primarily working on opportunities for our Ito Transit Hub Product, our solution for cities, transit agencies and operators. You will interpret technical requirements and help craft our response and formal submissions to private and public tenders in the UK and abroad.
We’re looking for someone with a strong technical background, and a natural aptitude for gaining a deep understanding of the problems faced by our clients and providing solutions to their needs. You will work closely with key decision makers across the company.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in a similar client-facing B2B role in enterprise sales and preferably in a fast growing startup. Ideally you’ll already be a Solutions Engineer or in a similar technical pre-sales role, however, we will consider applications from candidates with relevant technical and sector experience that have natural aptitude and desire to move into a more client-facing, sales-focused role.
The role is based at our Cambridge head office. Ito World has a flexible and remote working culture and will consider applicants that prefer to work remotely.
What you’ll do
- Be the initial technical interface between Ito and clients in the pre-sales phase, during both market pre-engagement and formal tenders
- Work with the business development team to understand and clarify technical requirements of clients and influence these where possible to best fit current and planned Ito products
- Lead on shaping the technical solution offered to clients and partners that best addresses their problems and needs based on Ito’s product set
- Lead on how technical information is presented back to clients, via demos, documents and presentations, working closely with business development and product teams
- Work with the business development team to evaluate and summarise incoming tender documents and communicate the findings to the business
- Take the lead managing the RFP response process, working closely with stakeholders from Product, Engineering, Operations and Delivery teams
- Feedback customer & market findings and trends into our product roadmapping and product positioning processes
- Attend and speak at selected events such as industry webinars, training events and conferences to share knowledge and meet transit leaders
The skills and experience you’ll have
- Prior experience in a fast-growing B2B SaaS or tech company
- Proven technical experience and knowledge of SaaS data management and analytics products
- Experience in or strong aptitude for consulting with clients to understand and diagnose customer problems, technical requirements and present customer solutions using Ito’s products
- Outstanding knowledge, communication and interpersonal skills (including delivery of presentations and demonstrations) to develop trust and credibility with clients
- Ability to organise and foster internal feedback between sales, product and delivery teams
- Excellent organisational skills, attention-to-detail and the ability to self manage and prioritise in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Commercial awareness to support business development colleagues in relationship building and determining win strategies for all sales
- Enthusiasm for public transit and technology to facilitate ‘getting under the skin’ of market and customer dynamics in a rapidly developing environment
Nice to haves
- Extensive client facing experience as a Solutions Engineer or Technical pre-sales role
- Knowledge of the public transit landscape including transit agencies, authorities and operators
- Track record of being involved in the winning of large government & public sector contracts
- Experience in selling into international markets, particularly Europe, North America and Asia
What we offer
- Flexible & remote working to suit all lifestyles and life stages
- Enhanced pension and health insurance after 2 years' service
- Life Assurance
- 25 days + bank holidays as standard
- Flexible Public Holidays - option to swap up to 5 UK public holidays to celebrate the festival of your choice. Choose an alternative day that fits your personal values, beliefs or celebration calendar better
- New parents take a day off to celebrate your child’s first birthday
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Wellbeing and employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free bike repair service for those that commute by bike
- Free breakfast and snacks when working from the office
- Regular team lunches and team socials
Equity, diversity and inclusion at Ito World
At Ito World we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
By submitting this application you agree to Ito World retaining your personal data on a "legitimate interest" basis. For further details see our privacy statement.