gigl - UK Marketing Lead / Head of Marketing
‘gigl’ is the video first mobile job platform shaking up the world of work.
Based out of Google’s Campus for Startups in Shoreditch and part of the Google mentoring and incubator program, this fast growing startup is looking to welcome an entrepreneurial and driven UK Marketing Lead / Head of Marketing to join the business and senior management team.
Who are we?
gigl is a free-to-use job app that connects job seekers with great employers through 60-second videos!
With over 30,000 organic users downloading and finding work through gigl, we are focused on attracting many more great companies and ‘giglers’ over the coming months and years.
The team has significant industry and technological expertise and having closed our seed round, with a solid runway, we are looking for a senior marketing professional to join us on this journey.
Who are you?
Can you lead our marketing activities across B2B, B2C and gigl corporate?
Can you build a team to deliver to multiple stakeholders and markets simultaneously?
Do you have the startup hustle, but with seasoned focus and structure?
Are you an A player or have an appetite to make yourself one?
Your responsibilities will include developing plans to help establish our brand, allocating resources to different projects and setting short-term and long-term strategic goals. The marketing team is currently resourced by an advisor and 2 interns. This role will be our first fully dedicated marketing resource, you will have access to the current resources but you will also be on the front line and have the mandate to lead our marketing activities.
Ultimately, you will structure, build and run our Marketing department and work closely with gigl’s head of corporates to promote higher profitability and competitiveness from a B2B perspective.
As the brand leader, you will work closely with our head of giglers (candidates) to drive all B2C channels and drive downloads. We have significant targets for the next 12+ months and you will lead and exceed these.
Finally, and most importantly, we want you at the top table, contributing, impacting and influencing the business, so you will be highly entrepreneurial, constantly thinking “how can we improve” and expect to roll your sleeves up and implement.
- A laser focus on driving new user sign-ups for giglers and developing gigl into a leading brand.
- Generating leads for the outbound employer team (Pay to Post & Subscription models), and meeting revenue based targets associated with this function.
- Craft and implement strategies for all areas of Marketing, including Digital, Advertising, Communications and Creative.
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department.
- Set, monitor and report on team goals (as you build your team)
- Ensure our brand message is clear, fit for purpose and consistent across all channels (events, email campaigns, web pages, promotional material etc).
- Think without constraints of a brief and take ownership of building the marketing and wider business.
- Analyse consumer behavior and ensure our target customer personas are always evolving and effective.
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share.
- Monitor competition (acquisitions, pricing changes and new products and features).
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts to boost brand awareness.
- Acting as a brand ambassador, producing documents in PowerPoint and Word that adhere to the firms brand and design guidelines
- A laser focus on KPI's, owning and delivering the numbers.
- Participate in the quarterly and annual planning of company objectives.
Communications and Events
- Coordinating all communications with giglers including a weekly careers / jobs newsletter, social media reports etc.
- Coordinating all employer marketing communications, ranging from thought leadership campaigns, to white papers, to flyers and ensuring that all content is fed through to relevant social media accounts and web pages.
- Working with an external PR advisor to raise the profile of gigl across both environments.
- Assisting with various industry conferences and related events
- Working with the CEO to produce a monthly investor update and related comms.
- Experience running successful marketing campaigns across B2B & B2C, with metric based reporting and proof points for business growth.
- Highly entrepreneurial.
- Experience of working in a startup environment and be able to demonstrate the hunger to take on a new, fast paced, all encompassing challenge.
- Google Adwords and Analytics certified. Facebook blueprint certified
- Experience implementing and using CRM software.
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals.
- Analytically minded.
- The experience of working in a vibrant, exciting and fast paced environment and with a great team.
- The opportunity to have real input into the business and take control of work streams.
- Compensation - competitive + equity (EMI Scheme)
- Job Type: Full-time