Location: Remote: UK, Europe, or Africa - no more than 3hr +/- GMT (we aim to have our whole team on full-time employment contracts).
Deadline: 7th July 2021
YouCanBook.me is a self-funded, profitable, tiny company that does big things. We are deliberately small but have a large footprint, processing 1.7million+ bookings for our users every month. We are the scheduling tool of choice for 22,000 customers and counting, and we're proud to be ranked by G2 in the Top 100 software companies of 2021.
The YouCanBook.me story started with a vision to build a product people love to use. And it will always be about people and how we make their lives easier, their jobs more efficient, and delight them - this could be our account holders (YCBM users) or some of the 1.7 million people who schedule meetings using our product every month.
We’ve built this tool for them - we want you to help make their experience of YCBM even better.
With this customer-centric approach, your job as UX Designer will be to work collaboratively across the product, customer, and engineering teams to help craft delightful experiences - starting with research, right through to design and implementation.
The ideal candidate will come from a product design background, preferably with direct experience working on SaaS products within an agile team. You should be an expert in conducting user research and skilled in documenting the customer journey, using your findings to help inform design decisions. You’ll be well versed in prototyping and validating ideas with users and incorporating their feedback into an iterative design process.
Most of all, we are looking for someone who is passionate about designing world-class experiences and understands the importance of developing a deep understanding of users to achieve this.
What you’ll be doing day to day:
- Champion our users - conducting research to further understand and document user needs, pain points, and behaviour, reflecting this feedback back to the team
- Translate feedback and research into user journeys, sketches, wireframes, and mockups, collaborating with the design team to create intuitive and delightful user experiences
- Work closely with the product, design, and engineering teams to scope, document, and communicate design requirements, taking into account user needs alongside technical constraints
- Plan and run user testing sessions, prototyping and validating ideas with users
- Analyse and understand product usage through tools like Mixpanel & Hotjar to evaluate the impact of product changes and identify areas for improvement
- Write compelling, clear, and user-friendly copy on everything from buttons to error messages
- Work seamlessly with the customer team to identify, scope, and design solutions to product friction and repetitive support tickets
- Ensure accessible design is baked into everything we do
- Perform ongoing UX research including usability testing, customer interviews, surveys, and competitive analysis
The ideal candidate will have:
- Min 3 years experience in UX design in an agile environment, preferably working specifically on SaaS products
- Hands-on experience of the entire UX process (User research, Design, Wireframing & Prototyping, Testing, Implementation & Launching)
- Excellent eye for design and a portfolio to demonstrate your design thinking and awareness of simple and usable user interfaces
- Strong hands-on experience working with tools such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe, & Balsamiq
- Experience leading and running user research sessions using different methods such as customer interviews, surveys, and usability testing
- Good technical awareness, comfortable discussing design interactions with engineers
- Good experience using data to inform decisions about design and knowledge of tools to support this such as Mixpanel & Hotjar
- Nice to have: Experience working in a fully remote, international team
We are looking for an individual who:
- Is eager, curious and tenacious in understanding users
- Is driven, optimistic, and a proven problem solver
- Is passionate about all things UX and the importance of great design
- Is an excellent collaborator, comfortable facilitating discussions across different teams
- Loves data and the role it plays in informing design decisions
- Has a fantastic eye for detail
- Wants to work with an extremely committed, transparent, and highly productive team
What you would be benefitting from in return:
- 100% remote, your equipment, wifi/office or co-working space all covered
- Salary £40,000-£45,000, we try and keep things in 'bands,' and everything is internally published
- 'Unlimited' holiday (plus public holidays). We expect everyone to be taking 5-6 weeks leave a year
- Fully funded private health / dental insurance (in UK / Spain)
- 5% employer contribution to private pension (in UK / US)
- Fully funded leave policies for parents
- Participation in profit share after 1.5 years
- International travel / company retreats
What do you need to do to get this job?
- We’re big fans of cover letters from applicants who have done their homework on us. We want to see that you’re passionate about what we do and interested in how we got here
- Tell us why you would want to work for a company like ours, the value you would bring, and how you’d learn along the way
- We’d love to hear what you’ve achieved and what you’re most proud of. In particular, we want to see your strengths and qualities that make you a great fit for this role
- And most importantly, think about how you will stand out from other applicants
- We’re absolutely only looking for candidates who are serious about their desire to work for us - this means generic cover letters/CVs are a big no-no for us, so please don’t expect much progress if you send us one of these